Blue mountain night sesh. January 6th

RidgeRacer

Blue is serving up a healthy serving of the Blue mountain special tonight. Otherwise known as Sugar! Or as my family would call it...zucchero. had to check my speed a few times on razors as the piles are large and in charge in certain areas. Either way it it certainly beats the news that I was watching before I left.

IMG_20210106_191416.jpg

• Like 8

Looks empty and thats the best condition 

Not the semi-fun kind of sugar. More of the quicksand variety. Complete with hidden sugar bumps that keep me from opening it up on razors and nightmare dream. But in an effort to not salty up this tr. I'm still having a shit ton of fun!
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I skied from 1045-230. Razors was in the best shape. I’m getting tired of the mid week crowds. Doesn’t anyone work anymore? 

I’ve told numerous people, this season weekends will be less crowds and weekdays more crowds.  The 9am opening on weekdays is a bit of a bummer as it allows so many more people to be there for the opening bell.  People have been working 9 months straight and many haven’t taken much time off so are really taking advantage of ski season. I can’t blame them as I’m skiing more weekday mornings now as well. Bethlehem Ford Guy said the same thing..I’ve been at work in my ski clothes a lot lately. 

Also with the pandemic there’s less travel for skiing both to places like Vermont and a lot of folks aren’t comfortable flying yet...Blue is a nice option for many.  I just wonder when Blue is gonna post their leaderboard. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

by the way riding the quad because the six pack is crowded ironically enough there are no buses in the lot whatsoever just a whole lot of cars. Definitely not they have the mountain to yourself type of night sesh.

Yeah, the line at 6 pack was a lot longer than the quad. 

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t know how people can tune out when major news is happening. 

I don't know how people can be bothered to get caught up in the political theater and all the mainstream media attention.

If it was such a bloody coup attempt, why wasn't the military marching all of them out of the capitol in handcuffs???
You've got a sitting Congress, protestors outside and just the D.C. police on guard?   Ridiculous!

Edited by indiggio

5 hours ago, indiggio said:

I don't know how people can be bothered to get caught up in the political theater and all the mainstream media attention.

If it was such a bloody coup attempt, why wasn't the military marching all of them out of the capitol in handcuffs???
You've got a sitting Congress, protestors outside and just the D.C. police on guard?   Ridiculous!

Because if I have 12 bullets and 24 people to shoot I have a big fucking problem on my hand. Do you remember Somalia ? When they ran out of bullets they got turned into meat puppets.

DC is federal which means under the direction of the executive branch (aka trump) All week DOD, national guard all the alphabet soup repeatedly asked if they required assistance and were denied.

The capital police established a perimeter but when they came to the conclusion that they either had to start shooting to maintain the perimeter or let them in they did not feel they had the forces necessary and fell back to the secured locations where senators,vp, etc were being kept. 

When the extremists tried to breach those locations they shot that women in the neck. You can see the guys hands shaking, its one dude with a pistol vs an angry mob. Once you can get swat, who needs time to assemble and probably had members in the mob, the national guard who was for some reason late (trump) then you can retake the building. In that operation arresting people is not the goal as your just trying to clear the building and get them to go home.  

Its politically speaking unwise to start shooting people who are in their own minds engaging in protest. You make martyrs out of them and increase their numbers and motivation.

The whole thing is a bluff were both sides are trying to figure out how far the other is willing to go. If you have to shoot everyone you've already lost so what your trying to do is get them to go home.

You can't just round up 1000 national guard dudes on the spot and dc is a mish mash of various jurisdictions and bull shit because its DC. You can determine intent by your own judgment but I think it's reasonable to assume the guy for which they were all their had something to do with the limited response, after all he loves them apparently. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Because if I have 12 bullets and 24 people to shoot I have a big fucking problem on my hand. Do you remember Somalia ? When they ran out of bullets they got turned into meat puppets.

DC is federal which means under the direction of the executive branch (aka trump) All week DOD, national guard all the alphabet soup repeatedly asked if they required assistance and were denied.

The capital police established a perimeter but when they came to the conclusion that they either had to start shooting to maintain the perimeter or let them in they did not feel they had the forces necessary and fell back to the secured locations where senators,vp, etc were being kept. 

When the extremists tried to breach those locations they shot that women in the neck. You can see the guys hands shaking, its one dude with a pistol vs an angry mob. Once you can get swat, who needs time to assemble and probably had members in the mob, the national guard who was for some reason late (trump) then you can retake the building. In that operation arresting people is not the goal as your just trying to clear the building and get them to go home.  

Its politically speaking unwise to start shooting people who are in their own minds engaging in protest. You make martyrs out of them and increase their numbers and motivation.

The whole thing is a bluff were both sides are trying to figure out how far the other is willing to go. If you have to shoot everyone you've already lost so what your trying to do is get them to go home.

You can't just round up 1000 national guard dudes on the spot and dc is a mish mash of various jurisdictions and bull shit because its DC. You can determine intent by your own judgment but I think it's reasonable to assume the guy for which they were all their had something to do with the limited response, after all he loves them apparently. 

Yeah, definitely feel for those that were killed/injured.
Even watching the video of the actual shooting.  WTF?  It was like they were specifically targeting one person.  They took aim, backed off, took aim again then shot.
The entire way things get handled by this government anymore is totally fucked up, spurred on by an egotist with whom people feel they have a connection because they don't connect with the other side. 

3 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Yeah, definitely feel for those that were killed/injured.
Even watching the video of the actual shooting.  WTF?  It was like they were specifically targeting one person.  They took aim, backed off, took aim again then shot.
The entire way things get handled by this government anymore is totally fucked up, spurred on by an egotist with whom people feel they have a connection because they don't connect with the other side. 

Totally agree, its tragic that someone had to die for such stupidity. Absolutely nothing was accomplished. 

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same video but that women and parts of the mob were trying to break into the secure area that had pence. The capital building was designed to be open and transparent and is alot of glass.  So when they started breaking though the glass they were repeatedly commanded to back off and when they didn't and that women tried to break through he shot her in the neck.  The dude was scared af and I'm sure was amazed he even hit her but still you fuck with the VP I dont care who you are or what your politics are you should expect to get shot. They resisted shooting anyone until the last minute and then you shoot one person and hope the mob relents. Its all shitty business but again its the US capital building and the response is going to be way different than looting a target. 

The govt is fucked up because the country is fucked up because its people are fucked up because the society is sick. Govt is just people, just like you and me, the separation between the two is convenient but nothing more.  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Totally agree, its tragic that someone had to die for such stupidity. Absolutely nothing was accomplished. 

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same video but that women and parts of the mob were trying to break into the secure area that had pence. The capital building was designed to be open and transparent and is alot of glass.  So when they started breaking though the glass they were repeatedly commanded to back off and when they didn't and that women tried to break through he shot her in the neck.  The dude was scared af and I'm sure was amazed he even hit her but still you fuck with the VP I dont care who you are or what your politics are you should expect to get shot. They resisted shooting anyone until the last minute and then you shoot one person and hope the mob relents. Its all shitty business but again its the US capital building and the response is going to be way different than looting a target. 

The govt is fucked up because the country is fucked up because its people are fucked up because the society is sick. Govt is just people, just like you and me, the separation between the two is convenient but nothing more.  

They should have shot way more people..squeeze first ask questions last. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

45 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Govt is just people, just like you and me, the separation between the two is convenient but nothing more.  

Mmmm... They may just be people like us, but I don't believe their mindset is one iota like you and me and the separation, while convenient, is a chasm that they've long forgotten.

Yeah, they may start out thinking I'm gonna do good for the people, but I believe that mindset is quickly altered when they get into office, then greed kicks in and all bets are off.

The place is fucked because the politicians don't give a fuck about the people.  It's a let them eat ice cream mentality. They're so out of touch with the common person, they've not a clue and couldn't give a fat rat's ass and don't.  It's all about them and how much they can pad their accounts and make connections for after their terms.

The protests are out of frustration with the way the government, regardless the party to which you relate, handle stuff that should be provided to everyone, like healthcare.
I really hope that the new administration follows through on their promises they made that got them into office, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Yeah, they may start out thinking I'm gonna do good for the people, but I believe that mindset is quickly altered when they get into office, then greed kicks in and all bets are off.

The place is fucked because the politicians don't give a fuck about the people.  It's a let them eat ice cream mentality. They're so out of touch with the common person, they've not a clue and couldn't give a fat rat's ass and don't.  It's all about them and how much they can pad their accounts and make connections for after their terms.

The protests are out of frustration with the way the government, regardless the party to which you relate, handle stuff that should be provided to everyone, like healthcare.
I really hope that the new administration follows through on their promises they made that got them into office, but I'm not holding my breath.

The only way to change things is to get the money out of politics. There was over $800 million spent in just two months on the Georgia senate race. People and mostly corporations aren't "donating" that money out of the kindness of their hearts. It's an investment. And politicians know if the donors don't get a return on that investment, they won't be seeing that investment next election cycle.

Pundits don't talk about who has the best the ideas when predicting who is going to win. They always talk about who has the most money.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

The only way to change things is to get the money out of politics. There was over $800 million spent in just two months on the Georgia senate race. People and mostly corporations aren't "donating" that money out of the kindness of their hearts. It's an investment. And politicians know if the donors don't get a return on that investment, they won't be seeing that investment next election cycle.

Pundits don't talk about who has the best the ideas when predicting who is going to win. They always talk about who has the most money.

QFT!

Mmmm... They may just be people like us, but I don't believe their mindset is one iota like you and me and the separation, while convenient, is a chasm that they've long forgotten.

I think if the far right and left could get over their irrational fear of each other for a few minutes and actually talk and consider each other’s struggles they’d be surprised by how much common ground they’d find. Unfortunately there are those leaders that prey on those fears and legitimate problems to drive their agenda and it’s rarely in the best interest of the country.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, mikes781 said:

I think if the far right and left could get over their irrational fear of each other for a few minutes and actually talk and consider each other’s struggles they’d be surprised by how much common ground they’d find. Unfortunately there are those leaders that prey on those fears and legitimate problems to drive their agenda and it’s rarely in the best interest of the country.

You have a lot more faith in politicians than I do.