Blue mountain night sesh. January 6th

RidgeRacer

5 minutes ago, indiggio said:

You have a lot more faith in politicians than I do.

Mikes sounds like he’d make a good school counselor.  The far right and the far left hate each other.  So many people on FB have said shit like,”if you support what happened in DC block me now” who cares what people think. It’s why I can be friends with young African American republicans like TP4 and social justice warriors like Shadows. 

21 hours ago, mikes781 said:

I think if the far right and left could get over their irrational fear of each other for a few minutes and actually talk and consider each other’s struggles they’d be surprised by how much common ground they’d find. Unfortunately there are those leaders that prey on those fears and legitimate problems to drive their agenda and it’s rarely in the best interest of the country.

You're creating a false equivalency here though. One of those two sides has a thought process that is at least mostly based in reality. The other preemptively refused to acknowledge the results of an election because its leader said it was rigged before it even happened. While I agree with you that there's probably a lot more people who share 75% of the same stances occupying a large portion of the middle ground here, the far left in this country generally falls pretty well in line with what a lot of europe already has (strong workers' rights, equal access to affordable if not universal government-sponsored healthcare, a look toward a greener future on energy policy), the far right at this point much more closely aligns with what was going on in europe pre-WWII. One of those two ideologies likely much more closely lines up with what that hypothetical 75% in the middle actually wants. 

Not sure why I'm even posting this; arguing about politics on the internet is just asking for flaming pitchforks...

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

You're creating a false equivalency here though. One of those two sides has a thought process that is at least mostly based in reality. The other preemptively refused to acknowledge the results of an election because its leader said it was rigged before it even happened. While I agree with you that there's probably a lot more people who share 75% of the same stances occupying a large portion of the middle ground here, the far left in this country generally falls pretty well in line with what a lot of europe already has (strong workers' rights, equal access to affordable if not universal government-sponsored healthcare, a look toward a greener future on energy policy), the far right at this point much more closely aligns with what was going on in europe pre-WWII. One of those two ideologies likely much more closely lines up with what that hypothetical 75% in the middle actually wants. 

Not sure why I'm even posting this; arguing about politics on the internet is just asking for flaming pitchforks...

Take it to Facebook. Both sides will call you a racist. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1