1/7..sunshine and snowmaking

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot around 8:25am and the temperature was around freezing under mostly sunny sky’s.  The snowmaking cannons were blasting on NMDW, Upper Main Street, Sidewinder and a few random spots. In the house were TP4, Atomic Jeff, BenM, Drew, Bethlehem Ford Guy, ZZSlope, Hayata and many more.  

I was on fourth civilian six pack due to second behind gate and pole getting caught in the netting..mad Homer Simpson..Doh.  I essentially skied the same three runs. Razors three times, challenge twice and switchback three times.  All had similar smooth semi hardpack snow..not many cookies at all. Was pretty pleasant skiing overall and with the quad running lift lines were minimal despite a solid amount of people out.  Winds were a bit strong early on and diminished. 

I then hungout in the lot for about 40 minutes, had two quick beers and now time for a little bit of work. Ski everybody this weekend. Gonna be a real nice one. 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, zzslope said:

Enjoyable day. Snow was ok. Rotd was paradise, and the cross trail under the six near the bottom. Moguls were freshly seeded were rough at the end.

Cross trail under the six was a nice escape from the slower snow on homestretch. A mini turbo boost to the base.  I also skied Razorback for the first time this skison.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Was your crew friends with Fritz?  If it’s named more people will ski it. That’s my only gripe about that 

Everybody knew Fritz and talked to him in the mornings and on break.  All around gentle giant, super nice guy.
I usually use the crossing when I'm headed in for a break.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, indiggio said:

Everybody knew Fritz and talked to him in the mornings and on break.  All around gentle giant, super nice guy.
I usually use the crossing when I'm headed in for a break.

was he the gentleman with the foo man choo moustache?

20 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

Today as meh.  Could tell it was going to turn to sugar, and the wind was out of the north, the least desirable for Blue.  At least it was sunny.

When you blew by me on challenge I don't think you where actually touching the snow.

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1