Hunter 1/10 ... Sunrise Tour

AtomicSkier

7 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Day 2 even better than day 1 as fresh snow continued falling, all lifts now open and we did a bunch of trees runs.

Day 1: ski conditions 10/10, overall 9/10

Day 2: 10/10 on both fronts

Ties with rare super fine days in past years for the best skiing we have experienced without boarding a plane and certainly better that quite a few days in CO/UT/NV too. 

Stop putting hunter mountain in your stats when you are in Vermont. Where did you ski in Nevada?  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Skied Heavenly in 1997. That's on NV side of Tahoe, right?

Looks like I will just do 1 day at Roundtop this coming weekend. If this forecast holds it is gonna be too frigid for a 2 day Hunter trip.

20210119_130849.jpg

Yes, I believe Heavenly is in both CA and NV.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Looks like I will just do 1 day at Roundtop this coming weekend. If this forecast holds it is gonna be too frigid for a 2 day Hunter trip.

I wanna go to Hunter but am out of vacation time now. Maybe the cold will result in some tickets becoming available this weekend and keep people home.....

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s not even that cold.  

If I was there I would ski it for sure. Since I'm not doing the 2 day Hunter trip every weekend I will pick the ones that look nicer, especially with a high of 32 forecast for Roundtop Sunday. 

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I wanna go to Hunter but am out of vacation time now. Maybe the cold will result in some tickets becoming available this weekend and keep people home.....

If you want to book Hunter for this weekend I can let you know when I cancel my reservation so you can try then.

• Love 1

22 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@Ski2Live Live2Ski was a true bro tonight and let me know when he cancelled his Hunter reservations. Unfortunately this weekend is still sold out. 😕 F5 F5 F5... will continue to refresh... 

I’m sure tickets are $100 so you wouldn’t go anyway. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m sure tickets are $100 so you wouldn’t go anyway. 

Nah tickets are $78 for weekends. Ski2Live and I were texting into the wee hours of the morning and he explained his strategy for escaping the long lift lines on the weekend.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

D lift from base is a double that goes up 900' vertical and you can ski down 400' from there and get 1000' F Iift to summit. And never a crowd on North Side express lift (900') or West side lift (if open) (1300').

Worst line I have waited in following that approach is 10 min on F lift at peak times.

Main 6 pack lift is the most efficient route up from ~8-9 and ~3-4. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I doubt he’d go anyway 

The only reason I might not go is because the 3.5 hour drive there, and 3.5 hour drive back is a long long day. I'm just not sure if I'm that ambitious anymore. I'd look for a hotel house the night before but they are probably sold out or hundreds of dollahs 

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

The only reason I might not go is because the 3.5 hour drive there, and 3.5 hour drive back is a long long day. I'm just not sure if I'm that ambitious anymore. I'd look for a hotel house the night before but they are probably sold out or hundreds of dollahs 

Howard Johnson just off NYS Thruway exit 20 is a good deal less than 30 min away. Can usually book it on a Sat night for ~$90. Or one exit (10 min) south there are places in Kingston for ~$70

• Thanks 1