Hunter 1/10 ... Sunrise Tour

AtomicSkier

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Howard Johnson just off NYS Thruway exit 20 is a good deal less than 30 min away. Can usually book it on a Sat night for ~$90. Or one exit (10 min) south there are places in Kingston for ~$70

Thanks, I'd even be fine staying an hour away. A 3 hour drive in the morning to be there for first chair might be too much for me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, saltyant said:

The only reason I might not go is because the 3.5 hour drive there, and 3.5 hour drive back is a long long day. I'm just not sure if I'm that ambitious anymore. I'd look for a hotel house the night before but they are probably sold out or hundreds of dollahs 

I thought you lived closer to Hunter than us...

Just now, Barb said:

f4c1f88effc03ac83f653124aff37b98.jpg
Heading to Crested Butte tomorrow. My gear pile is nice and manageable. Usually I am packing for multiple sports but this time just focusing on skiing. Debated on bringing my touring setup but backcountry snow conditions are still iffy and I will be solo most of the time.

Gonna be gone 3 weeks with a detour to Telluride. Reports to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love to see it! Looking forward to some western reporting!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Barb said:

f4c1f88effc03ac83f653124aff37b98.jpg
Heading to Crested Butte tomorrow. My gear pile is nice and manageable. Usually I am packing for multiple sports but this time just focusing on skiing. Debated on bringing my touring setup but backcountry snow conditions are still iffy and I will be solo most of the time.

Gonna be gone 3 weeks with a detour to Telluride. Reports to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice but why is this in the hunter mountain report thread

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Thanks but you have as much sway here as TP4 has with getting his statue erected atop Mont Bleu

Get your facts straight. statue #1 has been atop blue twice, and the Pope took it both times.  Statue #2 is currently at your koi guy on the south side as he designs a water feature

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Thanks but you have as much sway here as TP4 has with getting his statue erected atop Mont Bleu

But I know the guy who owns this site. I have connections. I'll be sure to put in a good word fer ya.

Edited by saltyant
  • Boner City 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/20/2021 at 5:13 PM, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Got that 1/30 reservation so in for Hunter both days that weekend.

I'm gonna stop at Hunter next Tuesday, 2/2 on my way to Whiteface. Already booked it. Decided against going on a weekend date, maybe will do that in late March or something 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm gonna stop at Hunter next Tuesday, 2/2 on my way to Whiteface. Already booked it. Decided against going on a weekend date, maybe will do that in late March or something 

So youre going to Hunter, PC/Canyons & Snowbasin. It seems logical that you would look into some sort of Epic pass..... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1