Hunter 1/10 ... Sunrise Tour

AtomicSkier

1 minute ago, GSSucks said:

So youre going to Hunter, PC/Canyons & Snowbasin. It seems logical that you would look into some sort of Epic pass..... 

They're not selling them anymore. If I was an early bird and not so indecisive, that would have been the prudent course of action. I'll have to figure out some other way to not pay window prices 😥

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, GSSucks said:

So youre going to Hunter, PC/Canyons & Snowbasin. It seems logical that you would look into some sort of Epic pass..... 

If you saw what I spent on lift tickets at Jackson hole, abasin and copper mountain the last few seasons you’d have though I’d be wearing an Ikon lanyard...imagine if Blue mountain was on the epic pass..never say never. It could happen. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If you saw what I spent on lift tickets at Jackson hole, abasin and copper mountain the last few seasons you’d have though I’d be wearing an Ikon lanyard...imagine if Blue mountain was on the epic pass..never say never. It could happen. 

Yeah, I'll be spending around $900 on lift tickets out west to ski 6 days. Failure to plan ahead on my part = paying moar money

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I'd say Blue is much more likely to become an Ikon participant.

Vail:

- Already has 5 PA resorts

- Does not seem to value any of those 5 that heavily based on how they have been operating them.

- has reported cash flow issues this season,  which make acquisitions less likely.

I'm sure Alterra is also having cash flow issues, but their model does not involve purchasing every Ikon member mountain like Vail's does with Epic.

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Vail:

- Already has 5 PA resorts

- Does not seem to value any of those 5 that heavily based on how they have been operating them.

- has reported cash flow issues this season,  which make acquisitions less likely.

I'm sure Alterra is also having cash flow issues, but their model does not involve purchasing every Ikon member mountain like Vail's does with Epic.

That would also be radical. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I dont see this.  I will go on record stating that Blue will never be in the partner pass participant program.  I would say we have a waaaay better shot at "coming soon" opening in 5 years.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

I dont see this.  I will go on record stating that Blue will never be in the partner pass participant program.  I would say we have a waaaay better shot at "coming soon" opening in 5 years.  

I'm not saying it is likely, just that it is more likely than Vail purchasing Blue to have a 6th PA Hill which would only slightly strengthen the advantage they already have with mid-atlantic skiers.

I expect Alterra is strongly looking at adding a PA Hill to make Ikon more competitive with Epic for folks for whom Windham is too far to day trip (i.e., residents of PA, Baltimore, DC, DE and NJ).

I expect Camelback is their most likely partner as they already have done some cross promotion with Ikon (discounted Ikon pass was available with Camelback pass purchase last season).  

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Why? Then you could ski sick places at no extra cost like Snowbasin and Big Boulder.

430 vs +1K

yeah there is an extra cost.

edit: thought i was in one of salty's threads so im just gonna stop here before i derail things

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Benm said:

edit: thought i was in one of salty's threads so im just gonna stop here before i derail things

Thanks for doing your part. I salute you.

To get this thread back on topic, I'll be an hour from Huntoh in exactly one week!!! Stoke markets are getting hawt.

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It would give you incentive to ski other resorts. 

I don't wanna put words in anyone's mouths anymore, but in my personal opinion, I believe Ben told me a few times that he's quite content skiing at Blue and isn't really interested in skiing elsewhere.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

Or if you’re someone who can’t travel due to kids, work, money, whatever the case, having a pass price increase just to have access to other mountains isn’t that big of an incentive for someone who’s only going to be skiing one place 

• Like 2

I would expect if Blue did join Epic or Ikon it would likely do the following:

1. Increase crowds at Blue

2. Increase pass prices (I expect them to go up sharply anyway given increase in day prices)

2. End VIP lines - VIP is one of very few resorts may have them and mountains on Epic pass (don't know about Ikon) tend to homogenize operations. 

So if I were a Blue pass holder I would only be rooting for it if I hoped to do a substantial part of my skiing at places other than Blue.

For myself I would be likely to next year get whichever of Ikon or Epic added Blue - as I prefer Blue to the current PA options on Epic (or the lack of any on Ikon).

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski