Hunter 1/10 ... Sunrise Tour

AtomicSkier

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

I don't wanna put words in anyone's mouths anymore, but in my personal opinion, I believe Ben told me a few times that he's quite content skiing at Blue and isn't really interested in skiing elsewhere.

Salty there you go putting words in other people’s mouths. Unreal @Ride Delaware ? And @ridge

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I would expect if Blue did join Epic or Ikon it would likely do the following:

You should really stop fooling yourself into thinking this is going to happen.  Its not.  We know this is what you want, but the chances of that happening are about the same as Sallyant posting content worth reading (see above)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

You should really stop fooling yourself into thinking this is going to happen.  Its not.  We know this is what you want, but the chances of that happening are about the same as Sallyant posting content worth reading (see above)

Not sure if this is a typo or not, but it is a name that should stick. Thank you for this gift. 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Personally my first choice development would be for Ikon to add Camelback. I prefer CB to Blue (easier to avoid lift lines and more easily accessible from highway in snowy conditions) and would like to switch from Epic to Ikon to have a different selection of mountains open to me starting in a month or so. And more likely to happen as CB offered a deal on Ikon passes to their passholders last year.

But I will see what the options are and make my call. Barring any new PA resorts joining Ikon or Epic, I think ORDA looks most appealing. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Boner City 1

5 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I would expect if Blue did join Epic or Ikon it would likely do the following:

1. Increase crowds at Blue

2. Increase pass prices (I expect them to go up sharply anyway given increase in day prices)

2. End VIP lines - VIP is one of very few resorts may have them and mountains on Epic pass (don't know about Ikon) tend to homogenize operations. 

So if I were a Blue pass holder I would only be rooting for it if I hoped to do a substantial part of my skiing at places other than Blue.

For myself I would be likely to next year get whichever of Ikon or Epic added Blue - as I prefer Blue to the current PA options on Epic (or the lack of any on Ikon).

Blue doesn't choose to "join" Epic. Sure, there are a few resorts that have agreements with Vail for a few days on an Epic pass, but Blue is not gonna be one of them. Zero incentive on either end for that sort of arrangement here. The only way Blue becomes part of epic pass is if they get bought. It didn't pan out last time there was hype around it; I highly doubt it's gonna happen for next season, especially after such a turbulent year where epic resorts, who make a ton of their money on the retail/hospitality portion of their business, is probably already stretched thin and has seemingly cut quality and services at some of their less prestigious properties to save money.

I guess Ikon is a possibility, as they don't have the same "owned by Vail Resorts" operating structure, since Alterra doesn't actually own all the resorts on the Ikon pass. I see the business sense there for Alterra in being able to attract away some of the crowd that jumped ship from local passes to Epic passes for this season and are now pissed off with how things have been going at jfbb. I'm not sure how much it helps blue though. If there was a blue + ikon add on, that'd be pretty sweet and check the boxes for me, since I do like the northeast options it provides a bit better than epic (stowe aside). Just not sure how much it would really benefit blue. Doesn't seem like they've really been hurting for business the past few seasons, honestly.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
9 hours ago, saltyant said:

I want to ski too, just not sure about spending 7 hours total driving to stand in line for 1 run per hour on crowded runs 😫

Might not be that bad for singles line. At least there are 2 full top to bottom runs with 1460 vertical. First day of season my legs won't mind a break between runs that long, and this will get my legs in better shape for next weekend. Expect I can get as much skiing in as my legs want to do after 7.5 months off.

I can do Hunter r/t drive in just under 6 hrs, and am more used to driving to ski as even Blue is 3.5 hr r/t and closest place I have skied in last two seasons on Epic is Jack Frost which is 4 hr r/t

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Might not be that bad for singles line. At least there are 2 full top to bottom runs with 1460 vertical. First day of season my legs won't mind a break between runs that long, and this will get my legs in better shape for next weekend. Expect I can get as much skiing in as my legs want to do after 7.5 months off.

I can do Hunter r/t drive in just under 6 hrs, and am more used to driving to ski as even Blue is 3.5 hr r/t and closest place I have skied in last two seasons on Epic is Jack Frost which is 4 hr r/t

Have fun and post a report!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1