112..nice snow..peaches and cream.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another mad steezy section at Blue mountain the true mountain. It’s 112..so people might wonder where the party at??  Well the party wasn’t in room 112 where the players dwell but at Blue mountain the true mountain.  The snowmaking cannons were pumping out my favorite drug..pure and white..sneaux..

I arrived at the lower lot at 8:27am and it was in the low 20s under sunny sky’s. In the house were Atomic Jeff, Shadows and Bethlehem Ford guy.  Just the quad open off the bat with snowmaking blasting on Razors, nightmare, Dream Weaver and a few random spots.  There were a decent amount of people in the house but not as many as last Tuesday.   First run on challenge Snow was really nice groomers left some ridges..Sidewinder had good snow and no people but the Root rollers on the last pitch were pretty close together which interrupted the flow for about 8 seconds. Next on tap was Main Street which had very nice snow too to bottom..especially the top and lower left..smooth cord.  

After a few runs in the guns on the quad atomic jeff signaled to go to the Main Street chair and we stayed there the rest of the session hitting Widowmaker to midway which was very nice and switchback which was like a Stevie wonder song..smooth and Blinde..if I was looking for a part time Lover it might be Switchback cause that run has been grate.  A few more main streets..a couple beers and back here in dirty south Whitehall for some work.  

All in all fun skiing. I’ll likely be out for opening tomorrow and Thursday AM. Also they open at 8am on Monday for MLK day...JADIP

500562CF-BC13-44D9-9627-7E37A57BF44C.jpeg

• Like 7

The snow was absolutely the best, but the management... Only quad and Main Street chair working until about 10:30. Lines were like it was a freaking weekend! But then it turned into a dream. Dumb questIon though is WTH didn’t they run the other express from the start??

81165DC5-2628-40D2-8C84-7A0CEC7C62CF.jpeg

C5A5240D-B034-4C0A-843F-B188ECE4D777.jpeg

F69ABD31-3650-4932-855C-934776CF7619.jpeg

219345F8-417D-4CCE-BB9C-83AC175A019F.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eaf said:

There’s, if the lines are so damn long 

Once again, it’s a Tuesday morning. Chances are the revenue coming in isn’t going to outweigh the cost of running an additional lift. 

im not sure if you are aware of this but lifts aren’t just flip the switch and go. Once lines start to form and they determine they need another lift, it’s going to be at bare minimum 30 minutes before it opens. 

Work meetings meant i couldn't do opening so I figured afternoon session. 

Sun was shining and the Temp was super comfy. Snow was a dusting over absolute boiler plate which made for super fun shit snow skiing. 

Big ass full width root roller on homestretch is a nice touch though I like the lumpiness on sidewinder.

Upper lot sucks, why be butts to nut just to get first tracks on Vista 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Work meetings meant i couldn't do opening so I figured afternoon session. 

Sun was shining and the Temp was super comfy. Snow was a dusting over absolute boiler plate which made for super fun shit snow skiing. 

Big ass full width root roller on homestretch is a nice touch though I like the lumpiness on sidewinder.

Upper lot sucks, why be butts to nut just to get first tracks on Vista 

That's like taking to chairs to the top instead of the Gondi.....

1 hour ago, eaf said:

I’m way ahead of you every morning I’m there. It’s being on snow first what counts, not landing on a chair.

You aren’t on the front face first..that’s what counts and you don’t get to end your session with a full run..ends with either a lift ride or a traverse which is the opposite of steezy.  

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You aren’t on the front face first..that’s what counts and you don’t get to end your session with a full run..ends with either a lift ride or a traverse which is the opposite of steezy.  

Think of it this way: you start low and finish low. Upper lodgers start high and finish high. For PA that's something.