JF 1/12/2021

C1erArt

Back from another morning at Blue the True Mountain....

Wait, that’s GSS’s line. Reserved a JF $40 senior ticket last night.

Just back from Jack Frost. Sunny morning, high teens, no wind at all. Parked slope side, got my RFID card that can be reloaded online. Got my gear on and walked 50 feet to the top of Thunderbolt to wait for 9:00. Nicely groomed soft cord on top of firmly packed powder.

8cb8d90e72e5c78a19d92f7c0e91bc38.jpg

Spent the morning lapping Thunderbolt and Challenge, doing nice high angle GS turns. Had a lot of fun. Only a couple of runs I couldn’t ski right on to the lift. Maybe a half dozen people on the slope until 10, mostly blue coats, when some small groups started. Everyone masked.

Some rollers on Thunderbolt as usual that could give a little air time, but Challenge had nice smoothly rolling terrain. Lifties were nice.

Looks like East mountain is ready to go. The crossovers, top and bottom, are groomed and ready.

The first drop of Challenge glade is rocky, but the rest seems to be covered, but I skipped it today.

Left around 11, 16 runs! with the conditions as good as when I started.

• Like 9

On 1/12/2021 at 2:49 PM, antman12 said:

Nice you hear you had a good time. If nothing else, JF/BB has without a doubt better snow than other local mountains.

Their grooming and snow was always better than any other poconos mountain(Elk not included because it is in VT)...,, this kept me alternating season passes between JFBB and Montage even though I lived 10 minutes from Montage/Sno.

• Like 1