Utah stoke thread...2021!!!

saltyant

SLC is cool and I enjoyed staying/eating there, but government officials going house to house checking garbage cans for recycling to write fines certainly rubbed me the wrong way

also, if you want good food for cheap @saltyant, check out JB’s family restaurant in downtown Salt Lake City.  It’s stuck in a time warp from late 80s-early 90’s, reminds me of places I went to when I was real young...you know it’s legit when the salad plates look like this:

FF4BCD6A-775D-4C36-97B8-67A9B41B2451.thumb.png.569ca92fbe5afbc7d33c6d260bbbdd7e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Why do you have on SLC? It's super easy to get into the mountains from there.

Nothing. It just goes against prior Salty's "I'll go for ski in/out no matter what it costs" and his claimed love for cozy little places.

19 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Why do you have on SLC? It's super easy to get into the mountains from there.

This. I really like that there are many hotels within a reasonable driving distance. I wont have to pay $250 a day just to sleep and SUPOJO after a fun day of skiing.

• Confused 1

Just now, eaf said:

Nothing. It just goes against prior Salty's "I'll go for ski in/out no matter what it costs" and his claimed love for cozy little places.

Eh, if I said that (theres probably a post somewhere you can quote) then I changed my mind after seeing $400+ a night for places next to the slopes. You need to split the costs or be rich like @AtomicSkier to afford that. Since I'm renting a car I'm fine with driving around and staying at affordable chain hotels. But yes the ski in/out is very very nice and I'd like to do it again sometime. 

5 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

SLC is cool and I enjoyed staying/eating there, but government officials going house to house checking garbage cans for recycling to write fines certainly rubbed me the wrong way

also, if you want good food for cheap @saltyant, check out JB’s family restaurant in downtown Salt Lake City.  It’s stuck in a time warp from late 80s-early 90’s, reminds me of places I went to when I was real young...you know it’s legit when the salad plates look like this:

FF4BCD6A-775D-4C36-97B8-67A9B41B2451.thumb.png.569ca92fbe5afbc7d33c6d260bbbdd7e.png

Hahah like at the Pizza Hut buffet. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Eaf is just an asshole..where are you skiing this weekend?

Haha. 

It’s a blackout weekend and I bought the base pass because I was unsure of 2021 life. It’s cool though - I  have some mellow backcountry plans. Hoping to skin up Millcreek Canyon (https://wbsguide.com/1003.php) and possibly do a ski dance or 5. We need a snow storm

10 minutes ago, Schif said:

Extremely true

Have the resorts been crowded on weekdays? I want to jump right on the lifts and ski empty runs all day long. 

Have the groomers been spectacular?

If things dont improve by March I might reconsider going, since I guess I can cancel my flight and use the credits at a later date..

Edited by saltyant