Utah stoke thread...2021!!!

saltyant

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Anyone fly out of PHL lately? Where the funk do you park? They closed the economy lot for some stupid reason which worked perfectly for me 

I haven't flown out of PHL recently, but I usually use Smart Park, which is like a 2 minute ride to the airport.  I'm sure there are others that are fine too

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Besides traversing please fill me in on how it skis better?

It is not as scraped off and the bumps that do form are spaced regularly and are not square. Id be willing to bet a lot of money to anyone on this site that you can go to Alta and have wonderful conditions that are not scraped off and once it gets bumped up, the bumps are still fun to ski. Same day you could pole over to Snowbird and it will be scraped off and the bumps will ski totally different. Literally the only difference is snowboarders. Ill wait for anyone to prove me wrong. 

Edited by GSSucks
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

As long as I dont have to walk half a mile dragging my luggage. Economy lot was grate because I'd just park by a shuttle stop and walk like 10 yds

See, I hate riding the shuttles with a ski bag, I find that a PITA.  I'd rather walk a short distance than go through the hassle of loading/unloading my big ass ski big. 

Granted, I don't know if I've flown out of PHL since shortly after the UA/CO merger, maybe once or twice?  It's all EWR these days, but I miss the cheap and convenient garage parking at PHL.

7 minutes ago, GSSucks said:

It is not as scraped off and the bumps that do form are spaced regularly and are not square. Id be willing to bet a lot of money to anyone on this site that you can go to Alta and have wonderful conditions that are not scraped off and once it gets bumped up, the bumps are still fun to ski. Same day you could pole over to Snowbird and it will be scraped off and the bumps will ski totally different. Literally the only difference is snowboarders. Ill wait for anyone to prove me wrong. 

^ he's right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Snowboarders scraping off the slopes is a common baby boomer myth lol

Not at all. And when they don't do that, they just form a sitting chain across the slope melting giant trenches while admiring the views.

Edited by eaf
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, GSSucks said:

It is not as scraped off and the bumps that do form are spaced regularly and are not square. Id be willing to be a lot of money to anyone on this site that you can go to Alta and have wonderful conditions that are not scraped off and once it gets bumped up, the bumps are still fun to ski. Same day you could pole over to Snowbird and it will be scraped off and the bumps will ski totally different. Literally the only difference is snowboarders. Ill wait for anyone to prove me wrong. 

Can not dispute this cause my skiing abilities are not worth going to a skiing only resort.....but I will say I'm a life long snowboarder who hates most people that snowboard.....

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

Not at all. And when they don't do that, they just form a sitting chain across the slope melting giant trenches while admiring the views.

Sure - some snowboarders do that and it's annoying.

Also annoying is the entire Blue Mountain Race Team and large groups of these idiots (who are on skis) stopping at spots like one of the turns on Sidewinder and clogging up most of the trail.  

I guess we'll just skip over that fact though - those people are clearly OK since they're on skis, not snowboards.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Schif said:

Garage parking at PHL is discounted since economy parking is closed. That's what I did last time. 

Thanks, upper levels are $16 a day which is only $3 more than economy. That's fine with me. I just worry about fucking up and parking in the wrong spot and have to pay $300 or something so I hope it's clearly marked

4 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

@saltyantthis is getting good

Maybe @AtomicSkier will make me a mod if I agree to go on a bike trip with him (not sharing a bed like you two though) so I can delete several pages of this thread.

Just kidding, I dun give a funk!

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks, upper levels are $16 a day which is only $3 more than economy. That's fine with me. I just worry about fucking up and parking in the wrong spot and have to pay $300 or something so I hope it's clearly marked

You're welcome, and any time. 

@GrilledSteezeSandwich this is getting good.

OK, back to snowboarder hating ...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1