Utah stoke thread...2021!!!

saltyant

29 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Only for Sunday & Monday at Park City because they're supposebly refundable. I don't see the need to reserve tickets yet for Brighton and Snowbasin. Every weekday is available at every resort. I hate that every ticket is non-refundable. What if I can't make it? What if my Sonic breaks down? What if the plane crashes and I lose my money? 

It’s what is known as a sunk cost.  You should know as I thought you were an economist. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s what is known as a sunk cost.  You should know as I thought you were an economist. 

Correct but I've done a lot of rigorous analysis and determined the best course of action is to buy 2 tickets for Brighton and 2 tickets for Snowbasin once I arrive at SLC since they are both highly unlikely to sell out, and because there are other mountains closeby if they do which I would be just as fine skiing at.

Plus maybe I can find discounts like @Ski2Live Live2Ski does. He never pays window price 

Edited by saltyant

4 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

That is generous of you but I don't know if he skis anymore.

He was up on the big pow day but looking at his profile page he hasn’t been on PASR since 2/11. Maybe he forgot his password like VTMark.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Correct but I've done a lot of rigorous analysis and determined the best course of action is to buy 2 tickets for Brighton and 2 tickets for Snowbasin once I arrive at SLC since they are both highly unlikely to sell out, and because there are other mountains closeby if they do which I would be just as fine skiing at

I thought you were skiing six different resorts in 6 days.  

5 hours ago, Schif said:

I just looked into a ski town all star hat but $50 for a custom one is pretty crazy. Anyone have a Cricut? Would be cool to put the PASR logo on a hat, or some classic PASR quotes. I know a bunch of people would walk around with "Titty Sparkles" on a hat, until they got home and had to hide it from the wife. 

They do have a bulk custom program. 12 piece minimum. As low as $14/piece for trucker with a 1-2 week lead time. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Correct but I've done a lot of rigorous analysis and determined the best course of action is to buy 2 tickets for Brighton and 2 tickets for Snowbasin once I arrive at SLC since they are both highly unlikely to sell out, and because there are other mountains closeby if they do which I would be just as fine skiing at.

Plus maybe I can find discounts like @Ski2Live Live2Ski does. He never pays window price 

Many moons ago you used to be able to get discount tickets at Utah ski and golf which had alot of locations. Their basin discount was big.  I have no idea if they still do that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/23/2021 at 8:29 PM, saltyant said:

Nah I'm fine doing 3 different ones. They are so massive that I think each is worth spending lots of time at. 

Cool that you are staying at three different hotels.  My first Colorado skifari I stayed at four different hotels...you staying at the holiday inn express?   Hotel motel holiday inn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Cool that you are staying at three different hotels.  My first Colorado skifari I stayed at four different hotels...you staying at the holiday inn express?   Hotel motel holiday inn

Correct. I prepaid for 2 days each at PC, Brighton & Snowbasin. Decided to just do it ahead of time and incur the tiny improbable risk of losing $400 if I dont go for some random reason. 

Weather looks grate next week. 2 blue bird days to start.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Correct. I prepaid for 2 days each at PC, Brighton & Snowbasin. Decided to just do it ahead of time and incur the tiny improbable risk of losing $400 if I dont go for some random reason. 

I'm glad you are getting to Snowbasin and Brighton. Two of my favorites 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, saltyant said:

There’d be no reason not to go..you got this..are you gonna double mask on the plane?

33 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Minimal precipitation forecasted on Weather.com for next week. But that's aight with me. Cant expect a Perder dumping every trip. But there might be some other type of dumping at the golden toilets in Snowbasin

Oh Lordy..that happened to me in Jackson hole when I ate Thai food. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1