Utah stoke thread...2021!!!

saltyant

46 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What time did you get in line??  

8:20. The website says the lift opens at 9, which it did, but a local told me they often open it at 8:45.

I was having such a grate time since the other lifts were line free for an hour. I did about 4 very nice runs

Then I made a ridiculously stupid decision to come back to Canyon base area. I was like "oh the line is long but it's not sooooo bad". But then a worker like the elf in A Christmas Story said "the line ends here. It begins there" and pointed about 1 mile away. The line goes on and on and on and on and on to basically infinity.

Soooo I'm drinking a coffee since the elf told me dont bother with the line and get breakfast. I guess soon I'll work up the stamina to do the 45 minute wait. I will never go back to the base area again in early day. Funk!!!!

20210228_102408.jpg.ecd40d89a8b7bff5a23045992bb1a09e.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Good deal. After my coffee break the lines went down substantially.  They move the lines quickly and I like their system here. Also people seem more willing to pair up on lifts than in PA/NY

Try to avoid the main feeder lift when everyone is headed out and up.  Alta, PC, DV all have one main lift, Sunshine at Alta or Collins if it snows, Silver Lake at DV and you know PC now.

When it's busy you'll tend to notice everyone is pretty much going the same ways so go the other way. It's like Vail you have to ski back to front because all the herbs are going the other way but it's raining here so enjoy man I would much rather be at PC. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Try to avoid the main feeder lift when everyone is headed out and up.  Alta, PC, DV all have one main lift, Sunshine at Alta or Collins if it snows, Silver Lake at DV and you know PC now.

When it's busy you'll tend to notice everyone is pretty much going the same ways so go the other way. It's like Vail you have to ski back to front because all the herbs are going the other way but it's raining here so enjoy man I would much rather be at PC. 

For a Sunday I'm astonished at how quickly I can board many of the lifts. I found a nice one that I can keep lapping some fun runs. But yeah, I always try to be a contrarian and do what the crowds dont. 

Sun's out, blue skies, amazing snow conditions. It doesn't get better than this!

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, saltyant said:

For a Sunday I'm astonished at how quickly I can board many of the lifts. I found a nice one that I can keep lapping some fun runs. But yeah, I always try to be a contrarian and do what the crowds dont. 

Sun's out, blue skies, amazing snow conditions. It doesn't get better than this!

That’s because the Mormons are enjoying #SoakingSunday 

if it’s not going to be snowing, sun and blue skies are perfect 👌

• Like 2
  • Boner City 1

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

8:20. The website says the lift opens at 9, which it did, but a local told me they often open it at 8:45.

I was having such a grate time since the other lifts were line free for an hour. I did about 4 very nice runs

Then I made a ridiculously stupid decision to come back to Canyon base area. I was like "oh the line is long but it's not sooooo bad". But then a worker like the elf in A Christmas Story said "the line ends here. It begins there" and pointed about 1 mile away. The line goes on and on and on and on and on to basically infinity.

Soooo I'm drinking a coffee since the elf told me dont bother with the line and get breakfast. I guess soon I'll work up the stamina to do the 45 minute wait. I will never go back to the base area again in early day. Funk!!!!

20210228_102408.jpg.ecd40d89a8b7bff5a23045992bb1a09e.jpg

Wow. Is you have a strategy.  Is there only one lift out of the base area?  Park city I believe is the most popular area in Utah.  Shouldn’t be as bad for you on the weekdays. 

15 minutes ago, saltyant said:

They're grate for what I ski. Tomorrow I'll demo cuz I have $60 burning a hole in my pocket

Don’t forget that you have another $50 saved on BM season pass.

But I doubt they’ll have anything you could use in North East. So make sure to lock up your precious while you’re demoing.

• Boner City 1