Utah stoke thread...2021!!!

saltyant

Just now, RidgeRacer said:

You'll need to fill me in

At the end of spruce hollow, making the left onto the other road that goes to covered bridge, there is a beautiful log cabinish house on the left that always has 2-3 NY/NJ SUVs. Clearly they are skiers with the racks and shit. 

Them. 

At the end of spruce hollow, making the left onto the other road that goes to covered bridge, there is a beautiful log cabinish house on the left that always has 2-3 NY/NJ SUVs. Clearly they are skiers with the racks and shit. 
Them. 

That house is way too close to the road. It's crazy. I'm gonna leave blue one day and find a car parked in their living room

6 minutes ago, Benm said:

Them. 

That’s a gorgeous home if it’s the one I’m thinking of on Hahn’s Dairy Rd. Needs more landscaping. Their grass needs work, though. 

Edited by toast21602

Senior year of high school the ski club took a trip to park city.  We befriended a bus driver who bought everyone booze and cigarettes.  One night driving through town we asked him to run over a stop sign and he actually did it. We all cheered as the bus drove away from the mangled stop sign. It layed on the side of the road the rest of the trip

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Senior year of high school the ski club took a trip to park city.  We befriended a bus driver who bought everyone booze and cigarettes.  One night driving through town we asked him to run over a stop sign and he actually did it. We all cheered as the bus drove away from the mangled stop sign. It layed on the side of the road the rest of the trip

Wow what Richie Rich high school did you go to?  Thought you grew up in north Philly. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh nice were you part of the program where they bused in inner city black kids into the suburbs?

😂😂

na, but I was part of the first class to spend all 4 years at the high school, instead of the  9th grade center first.  Pretty historic

Edited by theprogram4

4 hours ago, Benm said:

Them. 

Call the department of homeland security. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Benm said:

not bad. glad it worked out. you still going to demo stuff today?

Correct. I'll start with Nordica Enforcers 93 since they're at the top of my list. They sound like an excellent all mountain ski

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice and good morning. Where are you skiing today?  Any breakfast plans?

I'll ski the Canyon side of PC. I had 2 bowls of generic Cheerios, 2 blueberry bagels, a yogurt and OJ. I find it's easiest to buy everything I need at Walmart and just eat breakfast in my hotel room

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Correct. I'll start with Nordica Enforcers 93 since they're at the top of my list. They sound like an excellent all mountain ski

I'll ski the Canyon side of PC. I had 2 bowls of generic Cheerios, 2 blueberry bagels, a yogurt and OJ. I find it's easiest to buy everything I need at Walmart and just eat breakfast in my hotel room

If you buy some bacon and paper towels, you can microwave bacon. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, toast21602 said:

12 hours ago, saltyant said:

And I am still fascinated by the fact that the lift goes right into town.

The town lift is great for a quick lunch stop without having to pay on-mountain prices. Davanza's pizza is like right next to the lift, and used to do a pretty good deal for two slices and a drink with school ID. I assume you still keep your school ID in your wallet for such scenarios, right?

11 hours ago, saltyant said:

I wonder what I should demo tomorrow??? This is just for fun just to see what I might buy some day, and to get a feel for some different skis. They say I get to demo 5 but I think 3 will be sufficient. Some ideas below:

• Nordica Enforcer 94
  • Volkl Kendos and/or Mantras
  • Head Kore 93
  • Salomon QST (to be rad like @toast21602

I've learned so much theory about length, width, camber, rocker, material, side cut, turning radius. But I'll probably wind up picking the skis that look coolest.

There's several different waist widths on the QST series. You don't want the QST Blank. 

10 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

@saltyant whatever you do, demo the size closer to 180, not closer to 170s.

Unless it's anything from the Rossi 7 series. Then just get the longest size possible. They're all too short. I've never felt so undergunned on a 195 in my life.

• Thanks 1