Utah stoke thread...2021!!!

saltyant

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I previously stated I demoed the Mantras, but correction - they were Kendos which I enjoyed pretty much equally to the Enforcers. The Kendos felt stiffer but that might be the placebo effect. 

Last pair for the hour - Head Kore 99 based on @Johnny Law 's recommendation 

The challenge here is I'm trying to explore the mountain and demo at the same time, so it's not the most conducive way to swap out skis. But this is my third pair of the day and I'm happy with the experience. 

I liked the Kore series for you and 99 is a good width.

Edited by enjoralas
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wait @saltyant you skied the Kendos but said they were mantras.  

I later corrected that misstatement of mine and I skied the Kendos, not Mantras.

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyant are you gonna have supper again in your ski boots?

Nope, gonna relax a bit and then look for tasty food

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

I liked the Kore series for you and 99 is a good width.

The Kore 99 felt light and really easy to turn in ungroomed snow. However I enjoyed groomers more on the Enforcer 94s

I liked the Kendos also on groomers but felt they would be too hard to turn on ungroomed for my liking

Honestly I could buy any of the 3 and be happy but I enjoyed the Enforcers the most as they're considered a great all mountain ski

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 3

The Kore 99 felt light and really easy to turn in ungroomed snow. However I enjoyed groomers more on the Enforcer 94s
I liked the Kendos also on groomers but felt they would be too hard to turn on ungroomed for my liking
Honestly I could buy any of the 3 and be happy but I enjoyed the Enforcers the most as they're considered a great all mountain ski

So… what are you trying to do here? Buy a do it all trip ski, or something that would complement the RTM and start building a quiver? If it’s a do it all ski, enforcers or kendos might be better. If it’s something to compliment the RTM, the head may be the better option. Any of them would be a good addition to what you’ve got, but some overlap a little more than the others and would be a shift in the focus of your quiver vs just expanding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Justo8484 said:

So… what are you trying to do here? Buy a do it all trip ski, or something that would complement the RTM and start building a quiver? If it’s a do it all ski, enforcers or kendos might be better. 

A do it all ski since I tend to ski a variety of terrain and would rather not swap skis constantly. The Enforcers felt the best on different terrain but it's difficult to be unbiased since that was my favorite going into the demo session based on reviews I've read, and since my friend bought a pair and he really likes them

A do it all ski since I tend to ski a variety of terrain and would rather not swap skis constantly. The Enforcers felt the best on different terrain but it's difficult to be unbiased since that was my favorite going into the demo session based on reviews I've read, and since my friend bought a pair and he really likes them

That’s fair. I skied them last season up at frost and on paper they seem like a great do it all ski. Unfortunately the tune on them was absolutely garbage so it was tough to give them a fair assessment. If the tips and tails were detuned a bit so they were less hooky I think they would have been pretty fun. Pull the trigger and enjoy em for the rest of your trip! That ski should slay@toast21602’s favorite terrain at basin, the infamous sticky ditch.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, tnt said:

buy the enforcers then.  Get it done.  Enjoy them for the rest of the trip.

Hard to disagree with this statement.

1 minute ago, Justo8484 said:

That’s fair. I skied them last season up at frost and on paper they seem like a great do it all ski. Unfortunately the tune on them was absolutely garbage so it was tough to give them a fair assessment. If the tips and tails were detuned a bit so they were less hooky I think they would have been pretty fun. Pull the trigger and enjoy em for the rest of your trip! That ski should slay@toast21602’s favorite terrain at basin, the infamous sticky ditch.

tenor-19997881.gif.04e6ced3f70292deaee9c3eb81846b2d.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Top of Condor Lift. Apex Ridge was my favorite groomed run of the day. Felt like Razor's Edge on steroids.

20210301_094410.thumb.jpg.bc7ea108278c448a23faae4d8eb0816d.jpg

Favorite ungroomed black run of the day - Kestrel. 

20210301_105002.thumb.jpg.e7dd7dff3db0fa4e6aacc5ead34ba6ba.jpg

Ski tracks says I skied 44,793 feet of vert. I think that's a lot.

20210301_183816.thumb.jpg.0592e70d302c4f2b1dd65315b2e29f58.jpg

I carry all of the items below when I ski. Only thing not pictured is my Jitterbug.

20210301_191546.thumb.jpg.b8df9ad17269e30b5ae33f024bc6fdc4.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

The shrimp fried rice pictured above, and hot and sour soup. Drank an orange soda like Kel because Kel loves orange soda.

I don't eat with chopsticks @GrilledSteezeSandwich

Kel from Keenen and Kel?   Is that Good Burger?  Hot and sour soup is what gringos have at Asian restaurants. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1