Utah stoke thread...2021!!!

saltyant

All the times i've skied at basin i don't think i've ever skied moonshine bowl. Whenever I'm over on the strawberry side of the mountain I usually end up traversing out into sisters or around the back of demoisy to get into middle bowl. I believe WFO is where @toast21602 had one of the best crashes I've ever seen and then affectionately named that zone "Sticky Ditch". A few inches of fresh snow followed by 40° and sunny makes your skis stop pretty quick...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I could spend all day on the Strawberry side, it's so much fun. Too bad there's no lift as riding the gondola as a single can be a hassle. I also like the Wildcat Express a lot as it's a 6 person express which had no line all day

After posting this just read on Wikipedia that there are plans for a high speed quad on the Strawberry side. 

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

Strange to say but if you like Basin thank one mittens Romney. When the Olympics got all fucked up he got major money to bail them out and Basin got alot of nice shit with mittens money.  

I like go up the tram out no name and ride the trees back to the trolley parking lot. OB so be careful but it's like lift service slack with a butler that picks you up and takes you back to the base. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What else did you eat??

Shrimp salad. It was delicious and big so I was full from it. I might go back to that place tonight. Left the waitress a big tip because she was new. I overheard the senior waiter coaching her on what to say to me which was pretty funny

• Like 1

Final day of an epic 6 day ski trip. One last at Snowbasin. Rented Elan Ripstick 96s (180 length) just for fun. It's 50 minutes to open and people are already lining up which is kinda annoying, but I should find some nice empty lifts later in the day (hopefully)

20210305_080356.thumb.jpg.6a9ffadb819cd1c3010286a801bc49e3.jpg

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Schif said:

Cancel your ski day right now. Did you even know that there's a dinosaur park right by the restaurant you just ate at? 

https://www.dinosaurpark.org/

And a botanical garden is right there too! 

TFTI. Every night I talk to my mom on the phone for 5 minutes and she says "go do something besides ski". Already bought my ticket today so I need to get my $129 worth. Oh and it's the best mountain ever so I need to ski every second I can. Maybe I'll come back in the summer to see some dinosaur bones. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

Full sun today? Looking forward to more pics and thoughts on the skis. Did you bring your RTMs too in case you don't like those? Enjoy your last day Saltman. 

Yep. RTMs are in the trunk. Thanks, should be a grate one 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Schif said:

Cancel your ski day right now. Did you even know that there's a dinosaur park right by the restaurant you just ate at? 

I wonder if the Salomon Center is still a thing in Ogden. You could play ski-ball, skydive, surf, buy meth, and eat nachos all in one place. A jackpot for adrenaline junkies. Or just junkies. 

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Schif said:

There's also a hot spring right off the road at the mouth of the canyon on the way up to basin from ogden. @saltyant you should check it out for a nice soak after a long day of ripping groomers today.

11 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Strange to say but if you like Basin thank one mittens Romney. When the Olympics got all fucked up he got major money to bail them out and Basin got alot of nice shit with mittens money.  

I like go up the tram out no name and ride the trees back to the trolley parking lot. OB so be careful but it's like lift service slack with a butler that picks you up and takes you back to the base. 

Yup, the olympics got that road looking real nice and well plowed on pow days, too. Trees off the top of JP/No Name are super fun with good snow, but yeah, out of bounds and you can end up in the wrong spot if you don't hang skiers right soon enough.

Just now, toast21602 said:

I wonder if the Salomon Center is still a thing in Ogden. You could play ski-ball, skydive, surf, buy meth, and eat nachos all in one place. A jackpot for adrenaline junkies. Or just junkies. 

That place is the definition of a COVID superspreader event.

• Like 3

Just now, saltyant said:

Ugh people in line are talking about expected long lines today. If they become insufferable I'll head out and maybe visit T Rex

Just enjoy yourself today. If they get long then post up on a deck somewhere with some food and a drink. Soak in the scenery and vitamin D from the sun ☀️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

There's also a hot spring right off the road at the mouth of the canyon on the way up to basin from ogden. @saltyant you should check it out for a nice soak after a long day of ripping groomers today.

Yup, the olympics got that road looking real nice and well plowed on pow days, too. Trees off the top of JP/No Name are super fun with good snow, but yeah, out of bounds and you can end up in the wrong spot if you don't hang skiers right soon enough

I didnt bring swimming trunks, but TFTI.

I wont even ski everything in bounds let alone out of bounds haha

13 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

All the times i've skied at basin i don't think i've ever skied moonshine bowl. Whenever I'm over on the strawberry side of the mountain I usually end up traversing out into sisters or around the back of demoisy to get into middle bowl. I believe WFO is where @toast21602 had one of the best crashes I've ever seen and then affectionately named that zone "Sticky Ditch". A few inches of fresh snow followed by 40° and sunny makes your skis stop pretty quick...

Bullshit, I have pictures of @snorovr upside down in a bush in Moonshine Bowl, and I know you were there. Sun King is "Sticky Ditch" then you are stuck in the hell hole that is Gordons Gully. 

Basin moves people, I dont remember lift lines ever really being a thing there even on holiday weekends. 

Edited by GSSucks
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, saltyant said:

To whoever suggested Snowbasin... I owe you a Sweet Baby Jesus beer or two. Fucking legit!! 6+ minute runs. I can actually play a song from start to finish. Whoot

20210304_093437.thumb.jpg.f24f03b9a0e855196a684c7a16797ee9.jpg

I took a lot of shit on here for telling you to go to Snowbasin over another mountain that shall not be named.  I’m glad I did cause you are seeing what ive been saying...snowbasin is legit.  Enjoy your day salty!

• Boner City 1

32 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I took a lot of shit on here for telling you to go to Snowbasin over another mountain that shall not be named.  I’m glad I did cause you are seeing what ive been saying...snowbasin is legit.  Enjoy your day salty!

Thanks TP4, but I think it was Park City vs. DV. I dont think anyone said not to go to Snowbasin.

• Like 1