Utah stoke thread...2021!!!

saltyant

8 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

Completed a short/quick session at Brighton. Only did 5 runs off of Milly, before ending my first day( nice thing above the weekday season pass).  Snow was very nice and soft, but crowds were heavier than I felt like dealing with due to the recent snow and being Friday.  I'm also tried after a long travel day after working in the morning before heading off to my 2pm flight at Newark(awake for 21 hours before getting to my hotel).

Current plans for the rest of the trip ... Sleep/relax today, Powder Mountain on Saturday, maybe Sundance on Sunday (or disc golf somewhere), and Brighton monday-friday before flying home on Saturday.

( I will not try to top any other previous reports, but hope to at least post a few pictures)

Nice have a blast...a lot of people will enjoy your reports and pictures. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

Completed a short/quick session at Brighton. Only did 5 runs off of Milly, before ending my first day( nice thing above the weekday season pass).  Snow was very nice and soft, but crowds were heavier than I felt like dealing with due to the recent snow and being Friday.  I'm also tried after a long travel day after working in the morning before heading off to my 2pm flight at Newark(awake for 21 hours before getting to my hotel).

Current plans for the rest of the trip ... Sleep/relax today, Powder Mountain on Saturday, maybe Sundance on Sunday (or disc golf somewhere), and Brighton monday-friday before flying home on Saturday.

( I will not try to top any other previous reports, but hope to at least post a few pictures)

Isn't @Johnny Law going out to Utah?

17 minutes ago, saltyant said:

That lift is nice. There were never long lines there in my 2 days. Now Crest Lift on the other hand sucks.

Right now, nothing is busy.. 10am and the parking lot is only 2/3 full, stark contrast from Friday and Monday.  Heading over to Crest now,, got four runs in off Milly and my thighs are screaming

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

Right now, nothing is busy.. 10am and the parking lot is only 2/3 full, stark contrast from Friday and Monday.  Heading over to Crest now,, got four runs in off Milly and my thighs are screaming

Those groomers off Milly will do that. Super fun. Though I didn't care for that one green run to skier's left as there's a big uphill segment, but I went through the woods instead and got around it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Those groomers off Milly will do that. Super fun. Though I didn't care for that one green run to skier's left as there's a big uphill segment, but I went through the woods instead and got around it.

I was even harder to make the uphill in the powder.  That is the nice thing about Milly, from what I've seen they always leave it completely ungroomed after snow.  The first two runs I was able to find completely untouched areas pretty following skiers left to the bottom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pcklein31 said:

I was even harder to make the uphill in the powder.  That is the nice thing about Milly, from what I've seen they always leave it completely ungroomed after snow.  The first two runs I was able to find completely untouched areas pretty following skiers left to the bottom.

The woods to the left of that hill on the green groomer are decent. Thought I was going to get cliffed out the first time but it opens up nicely if you keep going. I'm jealous as I didnt have any powder during my trip

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 5:10 PM, Johnny Law said:

Got here last night, skiing DV as I can wake up at 830 and make first chair at 9.

Warm, currently working overtime on my Goggle tan. Groomers were firm and smooth first thing and now turning to a delicious slush. Off trail was brutal boilerplate but maybe late afternoon I'll see if it's soft.

Empty run after run and oysters at the top,  fine living for a Monday. 

20210315_133654.jpg

awesome but no boner city, the coke cost you few points

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think I just experienced age discrimination at Brighton today 🤔

As I went through a scanner for a lift a lady with an ipad approached me.  She asked me my age .. I hesitated (needed to do the math).... Sorry after a point I forget how old i am without thinking about it.  She asked me why I had to think about,, when I told her I was doing the math from 2020 to 1977,, she accused me of using someone else's pass! 

No, sorry I'm just stupid!

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ve had extra long ski trips a few times.  How many days did you end up riding this trip?

This is my 9th day on snow this trip.  

... I should learn by now, it has snowed the day I've been scheduled to fly out for all three of my Utah trips.. luckily I've been able to extend with little cost every time.

Legs are dead--never got into great shape this year--(goal for this off season).  This past summer and fall were tough with a busy work schedule and I got myself into probably the worst shape of my life!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

This is my 9th day on snow this trip.  

... I should learn by now, it has snowed the day I've been scheduled to fly out for all three of my Utah trips.. luckily I've been able to extend with little cost every time.

Legs are dead--never got into great shape this year--(goal for this off season).  This past summer and fall were tough with a busy work schedule and I got myself into probably the worst shape of my life!

You survived 9 ski days in Utah so be happy for that. It’s much different skiing variable and steep western terrain on legs accustomed to 1 minute long groomers here.  Where did you stay out there?

48 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You survived 9 ski days in Utah so be happy for that. It’s much different skiing variable and steep western terrain on legs accustomed to 1 minute long groomers here.  Where did you stay out there?

Thanks... appreciate it

I stay in various Marriot hotels in the Salt Lake City area(mostly Residence Inns so I have a cooktop and full fridge) .  I will usually stay a few days downtown, but normally in the Murray/Midvale/Cottonwoods Heights.

I'm thinking about trying to stay a few nights up at the resorts for next year's trip(s).