1/17/21...Sausage Sunday..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Aside from the cookie minefield of opening weekend, yesterday was probably worst conditions I’ve skied this season. The shape/spacing of the bumps wasn’t bad, but they were definitely firm and I didn’t feel like swapping to narrower skis. Widow maker stayed good all morning until about 11, then somehow it just crumbled into a cookie heap.

Conditions aside, what’s up with the shit show in the quad and six pack lift lines? Nobody corralling, counting, directing, yelling at dick nosers for being inconsiderate idiots. Seems kinda ridiculous that on a holiday weekend morning, there would be no employee presence at the lift lines at all aside from the people bumping chairs. We mostly skied off the Main Street chair to avoid the chaos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

Aside from the cookie minefield of opening weekend, yesterday was probably worst conditions I’ve skied this season. The shape/spacing of the bumps wasn’t bad, but they were definitely firm and I didn’t feel like swapping to narrower skis. Widow maker stayed good all morning until about 11, then somehow it just crumbled into a cookie heap.

Conditions aside, what’s up with the shit show in the quad and six pack lift lines? Nobody corralling, counting, directing, yelling at dick nosers for being inconsiderate idiots. Seems kinda ridiculous that on a holiday weekend morning, there would be no employee presence at the lift lines at all aside from the people bumping chairs. We mostly skied off the Main Street chair to avoid the chaos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of the lift line guy, mask police, etc has been really sporadic, and weird as to when these people were there.  Saturday, (or was it Sunday?)  there was an armed security guard telling people that to go through the gates, they had to be properly wearing a mask.  Then nothing after that.  no liftline guy, no mask police, no armed security guard presence.  Saturday, there were two employees kind of at either end of the passholders line calling people out for masks.  

Friday, like Jan 1st, it wasnt crowded, and there was the lifline guy there organizing the line, that really didnt need organizing as much as any other day.  weird.  Maybe its a staffing issue, which i get.  I would think the employees would want people to wear masks, for their protection as well, but they seem to just kind of go with it.  There was a ski patrol dude in line yesterday with his mask around his chin.  Employees should be setting the example.  I hope it doesnt continue to go this way.  I just cant figure out why people just cant fucking wear a mask.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1