Elk Day - FEBRUARY 8th, 2021

RidgeRacer

I've never been to either mountain, so it'll be cool to go somewhere new.  I'm locked into Greek Peak for 2/7, but I'm going to try to make it to Plattekill this year too.

Snagged greek tix today. Never been and I'm pretty stoked to check it out.. will likely hit it on the way to Lake Placid.
  • Like 2

Cool, not really on the way though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt. Adds about 45 to an hour vs if I were to go straight via the normal way. But I had planned on going to belle that day anyway which would have probably added the same amount of time. Looks like I can get back onto 81N..then eastbound into the dacks. No too terrible. fd6adedd27af1386e25398f5e52101c9.jpg

10 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I could pre-cook some things and use the fire to warm them and do a Meaty Monday at vehicles apres if we want to. I’m sure we all don’t want to hang out inside, nice and convenient as those tables are.

There are picnic tables set up slopeside in front of Halfway House...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I’ll do a few racks, some pulled pork and some chicken thighs. If anyone wants any non-meat eats, chime in what you wanna bring. Same with the rolls and stuff. Can’t grill in the lot so only gonna bring the pans of meat in the Cambro and warm them on the fire.

i prob lose 1mpg with the amount of the chips and candy canes that aren't leaving my truck anytime soon, so that'll be with me.

i can bring something of substance tho. let me think about it.

I believe we drove up to it last time? Maybe? 
Since this is a weekday, and because you guys get to the mountain early, you should be able to park in the upper lot. You can unload your goods at the halfway house but need to park elsewhere. That is in the upper lot, NOT the lower lots.
You will also be able to boot up in the halfway house, then ski down to buy your ticket at the main lodge. No need to ride the Elk wagon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

They let random people in and out of the halfway house?  Aren’t they worried about people sneaking the residents drugs?
The HWH was the original lodge back in 1959. And yes that's the locals joke. The proper Elk name is the "Picnic Lodge"...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 3