Elk Day - FEBRUARY 8th, 2021

RidgeRacer

1 hour ago, CaptDave said:

Stu,

Revello’s is where I usually  stop on way back home.  I don’t know what time they open though.

I'll check their website for their hours. I googled OF Pizza and some are closed mondays. I checked out Arcaro and Genells they're open and highly rated. Checking out Revellos now..

47 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

there's  alot of besides factors besides just not caring - quantity vs quality, geography/weather, etc., although they let the groomer that really did care leave...

It seems that they push everything out as soon as they can to get more terrain open rather than let the whales sit and dry out for a day. Hence the cookies. But I still think they could do a better job of grooming.

I think one of Elks tricks is to groom in the morning before they open. Blue grooms as soon as they shut down at night rather than letting it set up if it was a warm day. That causes the frozeroy and harder surfaces.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

It seems that they push everything out as soon as they can to get more terrain open rather than let the whales sit and dry out for a day. Hence the cookies. But I still think they could do a better job of grooming.

I think one of Elks tricks is to groom in the morning before they open. Blue grooms as soon as they shut down at night rather than letting it set up if it was a warm day. That causes the frozeroy and harder surfaces.

Main Street they usually groom right before opening..that’s why it’s often the best conditions at least upper.  Blue needs to make more passes and slower passes.  I really miss the days of 4pm grooming at blue.  Would give a decent product for night skiers.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They won’t. It’s an extra expensive they don’t need to incur.  Once ray Tuthill died everything changed and the bean counters got involved.  

Not to mention the nightmare it would be to shut down runs to do the grooming w/ the weekend crowds.