1/30/21..bright sunny day.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

54 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Good and fair post. Agreed, consistency is certainly an issue. 

For blues standards today was mostly good. But to Toasts point, inconsistent. Switchback was good! Paradise was brutal. 

I thought today was really good, but i didnt go down paradise, but you are correct, things can be really inconsistent, even on the same trail.  But not all the snow they make is shitty.  Granted, its probably not up to Vail standards, but i sure did enjoy skiing from the valley the second week they were open.  There is alot of give and take at Blue.  

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I thought today was really good, but i didnt go down paradise, but you are correct, things can be really inconsistent, even on the same trail.  But not all the snow they make is shitty.  Granted, its probably not up to Vail standards, but i sure did enjoy skiing from the valley the second week they were open.  There is alot of give and take at Blue.  

Gotta take the good with the bad...

They're 100% open...for a awhile now...and the bad makes you appreciate the good..

• Like 2

So much goodness all around today, but of course there are always going to be bad spots when they blow new.
The problem is is that they blow and don't leave the piles long enough to drain, then they push them out wet with the groomers and then don't till enough passes to grind up the marbles.  Diesel is expensive!

Sleepy Hollow glade was Tits McGee today.  Must have went through it 10 times.  Some nice, almost cliff-like drifts in there for catching air.

Afternoon the right of Main Street had excellent snow with the sun on it the entire run, fantastic!

Something was up with Main Street double chair.  Almost every ride it up it would stop at least 5 times and then struggle to get started. 

• Like 4

This morning was grate even though I was late to the party of Razor’s. Glad they got the quad working because those lines at 820 were bad. Snow was nice and it was fun to ski with a bunch of different PASRs.

Got back up tonight and skied 430-7 with Boo. Sugar on scrap but it was mostly smooth. No big push piles except Lazy. 10-15 minute waits with tons of no masks was pretty miserable at the lifts. One liftee at the six was enforcing masks but the rest didn’t care. Mostly defensive skiing trying to stay away from the Jerry’s but I’ll take it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

But seriously, snowmaking and grooming are so much better than they were 10 years ago. 

Perhaps the snowmaking is much better due to the automation and gun technology, but as for grooming being so much better, in my opinion, the grooming in the last few years has been well below what it was 10 years ago.