January 31st - Calm Before the Storm

toast21602

Back form Blue. Great session this morning with some awesome groomers across most of the mountain. I think we are in for a treat with this upcoming storm. It was fairly crowded to start but since the quad was running the lift lines weren't too bad. Still lines filled with maskless idiots that needed to be called out. Lots of PASRs in the house today.

Razors was nice. Main was fantastic. Most other trails were between good and V good. Lazy was kinda trashy. 

Scoped out 'Coming Soon' and look forward to skiing that tomorrow or Tuesday morning depending on what actually happens with this storm.

As I sit here typing, there is a lot of snow coming down and the ground at Mt. Mik is white. Current predictions in this area are for 18-22". Buckle up ladies and gentleman! This will be fun to watch!

IMG_3099.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 12.35.41 PM.png

• Like 7
  • Boner City 1

Today was fun skiing and fun parking lot...a lot of Richard noselys in the line today one threatened to beat everybody up and got a talking to by a ski patroller.  Switchback and midway were good.  Everybody but Shadows and schifdawg were in the house.  I put windshield wiper fluid in my car in preparation of 20” of snow.  People also driving 17mph over the mountain which had a skiff of snow..perder for the people and lazy mile was bad and I can’t catch cheese balls in my mouth well.  Also Matt edge told us a riddle.  

E6C16E32-43EB-4617-A588-1121C292F11C.jpeg

BCDCA16F-27C1-470B-983F-845B9604E6D7.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 3
  • Boner City 1

Anyway Razor's Edge was in really really great shape and @mute1080 even witnessed me do a fist pump enroute. Challenge was meh at first but it definitely improved after 9 am or so and I did a few runs down it. My RTMs felt amazing as I got a fresh wax and edge yesterday. I rate today's conditions an 8.5/10

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Anyway Razor's Edge was in really really great shape and @mute1080 even witnessed me do a fist pump enroute. Challenge was meh at first but it definitely improved after 9 am or so and I did a few runs down it. My RTMs felt amazing as I got a fresh wax and edge yesterday. I rate today's conditions an 8.5/10

Way to get after it!!!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

@PSUFly thanks for that beer sample! Who makes it? I forget what brewery you mentioned. Smelled like mango, tasted like weed. 

Schaylor Brewing just outside of Reading.   They definitely make some interesting beers.   Most are really good, although I've had some I didn't like 

• Thanks 1

Left a little early, glad I did, got ahead of the slick stuff, I need to move closer. Sleepy hollow and switchback were good. I moved to the little gap side early but as has been the case a lot this season, the Burma chair did not start spinning until late. Added another fun day to a good year so far.

• Like 3

Crowds weren't actually that bad as the last weekend, maybe because lifties were really proactive with putting more people on a bench than just one or two. Worked really great. They were pulling singles left and right and dispatching them as a new family.

I can't get over how bad Lazy was compared to everything else. Firm and uneven. How can they screw up grooming so badly when the weather is so perfect??

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, eaf said:

Crowds weren't actually that bad as the last weekend, maybe because lifties were really proactive with putting more people on a bench than just one or two. Worked really great. They were pulling singles left and right and dispatching them as a new family.

I can't get over how bad Lazy was compared to everything else. Firm and uneven. How can they screw up grooming so badly when the weather is so perfect??

I saw you a bunch of times mostly skiing towards the 4 pack quad lift while I was in line. They did seem to do better pairing up people.

You'll be very proud of me as I asked twice to pair up with people but they said Nope. A couple on the quad, and a trio on the 6er, were both terrified of me joining them and looked at me like i was full of viral bacterium 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I saw you a bunch of times mostly skiing towards the 4 pack quad lift while I was in line. They did seem to do better pairing up people.

You'll be very proud of me as I asked twice to pair up with people but they said Nope. A couple on the quad, and a trio on the 6er, were both terrified of me joining them and looked at me like i was full of viral bacterium 

I think I saw you calling me from the lift once. But no more. IDK why, but I felt so cold today. Left around 11, probably right in time for roads to start getting bad. Super envious of anyone who will be skiing the next few days.

Anyway Razor's Edge was in really really great shape and [mention=13078]mute1080[/mention] even witnessed me do a fist pump enroute. Challenge was meh at first but it definitely improved after 9 am or so and I did a few runs down it. My RTMs felt amazing as I got a fresh wax and edge yesterday. I rate today's conditions an 8.5/10

Double fist pump mid first run made me chuckle. WTGAI!

Conditions were awesome for the first hour, snow was grate except for Lazy. Crowds and non maskers stunk. Fingers crossed I can get out of work the next two days [emoji1694]
  • Like 2
  • Boner City 1

So technically you can add me to the list of who was in the house today. I was up in NEPA to deal with a death in the family and wasn't planning on getting out at all today but with the impending weather and a slew of nervous relatives around I was shipped out early. Stopped at Blue and got on my snowboard around 2:45. 5 quick runs while the snow was falling really steadily. 

My schedule in the next few days is up in the air and I very much doubt I'll be able to get out and enjoy this snow when it's fresh but who knows. I'll be traveling with my snowboard so we will see what happens. 

• Like 4