Coming Soon Just Came. 2/1/21.

toast21602

Wao sounds like the best day ever. I hope you took some GoPro footage for myself and @indiggio et al. Since we have to ski vicariously today. I think you'll get 10 or 15 boner cities easy on this thread. Also the title of the thread is R rated, this site's for all ages.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I can’t top Toasts report but I’ll add some notes later.  Took me 55 minutes both ways not terrible. Saving grace was not many people on the roads.  I skied four runs today..Razors, Challenge, Sidewinder and Coming soon right to my car.  Anybody who skied today is dedicated and for the peeps coming later it’s still gonna be boner city!!!  JADIP

• Like 6
  • Boner City 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I can’t top Toasts report but I’ll add some notes later.  Took me 55 minutes both ways not terrible. Saving grace was not many people on the roads.  I skied four runs today..Razors, Challenge, Sidewinder and Coming soon right to my car.  Anybody who skied today is dedicated and for the peeps coming later it’s still gonna be boner city!!!  JADIP

Add to it!

The stoke market was incredibly high today. Glad we got to cash out. I still feel giddy. I haven't given that many high fives in a while. You're welcome. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

They said on insta im coming or whatever is pow only. They opened it as a natural trail with like 10 inches of snow? 

My run on coming soon..the second run for Toast and Atomic Jeff and Johnny law there was a patroller at the top yelling at us to stop and one at the bottom.  I was shocked when I was told later in the lot it opening to the public. It’s a really wide run..wide enough for four people to ski side by side and you really go into paradise with a lot of speed.  

Also Main Street chair did open close to on time and there was a pilgrimage of people hiking up lower park to shuttle to get there..I wanted untracked on Razors and it was my best Razors run ever..typically the top headwall is windblow but the snow just lay there virgin and unmolested about 8” perfect medium density....all float...

We lined up at he quad around 835 and the employees were funny saying things like,”we aren’t open yet” no shit..fuck at Jackson hole people get in line for the tram at 645am on pow days and cook breakfast for extra gnar  points.  

These are the best of times..also Nastar Glenn was the first PASR to arrive at Blue today and I’m sure they could hear his high pitched squeals all the way on Burma.  

Boom boom boom pow pow pow ring a ding ding!!!!  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 4
  • Boner City 3
  • Haha 2

Shiiiiit, today was tits Mcgee and then some. The stoke was super high and first run down razors delivered but coming soon was what its all about. 

Meadow skipping start and then boom lower headwall, I can see toast with the pow bounce, Atomic was hooting the loudest I think I've ever heard, Ben getting blue pow day for the first time. It's definitely up there in memorable days.  Best first run on a blue trail ever !

Ride home I even got a long stretch with no other cars, its soooo much better to drive without the kooks out there.  

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Boner City 1

6 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Today was something else.  Enjoy the enthusiasm.  There is a video of the second run down with a better angle and wider view, but I think this expresses the emotions better.

Wao that was grate, thanks for sharing for us poor folk stuck inside all day 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Benm said:

thanks for sharing that

What did the patroller say the 2nd time we went coming soon ? 

My method is to pretend I can't hear and keep going because odds are they won't chase but I legit couldn't make out what he was yelling about and the guy at the bottom said nothing.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Perfect video, it captures the hype and feelings perfectly !

• Like 2
  • Boner City 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

My method is to pretend I can't hear and keep going because odds are they won't chase but I legit couldn't make out what he was yelling about and the guy at the bottom said nothing.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Patroller said stop stop stop...I never listened to my parents as a kid I’m not about to start listening to random folks in red jackets.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The website says it is a 'natural snow trail'. I can't imagine anything more natural than this. I heard him yelling and just kept skiing. Round two was just as good as round one. 

• Like 2