Coming Soon Just Came. 2/1/21.

toast21602

5 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

I really liked CS with the natural snow last winter. I wonder if they’ll keep one side ungroomed? Also picturing lots of carnage where it empties on to Paradise. 

If indiggios crew bitches enough I’m sure there will be seeded bumps on coming soon around mid season. 

realistically, how long would it take them to do all of the pipework, lighting and adding snow guns? are we talking this winter or the next?

i feel like getting enough snow guns would be the hardest part.

the thing that gives me the most anxiety about it all would be trying to figure out whether i'm dedicated to the quad now instead of the sixer. just feels wrong.

20 minutes ago, Benm said:

realistically, how long would it take them to do all of the pipework, lighting and adding snow guns? are we talking this winter or the next?

the thing that gives me the most anxiety about it all would be trying to figure out whether i'm dedicated to the quad now instead of the sixer. just feels wrong.

They’d be fine for this winter..also just make sure you take the quad if you wanna ski coming soon..no big dealio..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

I really liked CS with the natural snow last winter. I wonder if they’ll keep one side ungroomed? Also picturing lots of carnage where it empties on to Paradise. 

If they let at least the bottom of it bump up it would slow people down for sure, but yeah, that could be a trouble spot.  

1 hour ago, Benm said:

The worst pipe crew in the world should be able to do 100' a day.  trench, lay pipe and backfill.  This is actually a pretty easy pipe job.  there shouldnt be any utilities to deal with, they dont have to saw cut any blacktop, backfill with stone, (at least i never see stone when they are digging up pipes to fix) or haul anything away, so really, its pretty easy work.  Its about 2500', so honestly, i dont see why they cant get it done before the season, but this is Blue Mt.  

Didnt they get a whole bunch of new snow guns last year?  i would assume they still have some old shit lying around if they just wanted to use air/water guns.  

• Like 3

21 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

If they let at least the bottom of it bump up it would slow people down for sure, but yeah, that could be a trouble spot. 

Yea, gotta think a fence to try and push people to riders right at the bottom of CS. 

1 hour ago, antman12 said:

Yea, gotta think a fence to try and push people to riders right at the bottom of CS. 

If they install a fence for people to go around, they will need to build a deck for people to watch that trainwreck unfold. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Benm said:

it'd be nice if they created a path new trail from the first turn of paradise onto coming soon. access with both lifts.

maybe take out a chunk at the bottom of paradise and force them further to the left.

I like that idea. It would also boost their trail count to 78 and then they can definitely split Coming Soon to upper and lower.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

I really suck at seeded bumps, but I keep trying them. Prefer the natural ones. 

I’m good at both...I think it’s because I skied a lot of bumps in my teens and 20s so even though I don’t ski a lot of bumps now, I can just instinctively ski them competently.  

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

It would also boost their trail count to 78 and then they can definitely split Coming Soon to upper and lower.

Beat me to it.  

On 7/31/2021 at 12:43 PM, Benm said:

Keep in mind, this new trail should effectively have them running the quad more than they do (hopefully) since you cant access coming soon from the six.  gotta take the good with the bad.  

Only issue with the 78th trail might be elevation.  There is a chance Coming soon is higher than paradise.  

• 2 weeks later...

From a promotional email from Blue discussing the bike park. Wonder if there is really any installation happening on Paradise, or if that's tie-in work for the new lines on Coming Soon:

A few additional items to note:
-Paradise ski trail is now closed to bike traffic. Upper Empire must be used to access Lower Empire. There is snowmaking installation work on Paradise and riders need to stay clear. Riding on ski slopes not designated for bikes is never allowed at Blue Mountain.

12 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

From a promotional email from Blue discussing the bike park. Wonder if there is really any installation happening on Paradise, or if that's tie-in work for the new lines on Coming Soon:

A few additional items to note:
-Paradise ski trail is now closed to bike traffic. Upper Empire must be used to access Lower Empire. There is snowmaking installation work on Paradise and riders need to stay clear. Riding on ski slopes not designated for bikes is never allowed at Blue Mountain.

i saw taht a cpl days ago, my guess is they're connecting where CS hits paradise at the bottom?

Kind of off topic, but has anyone gone up there and taken a scenic lift ride? I'm curious where you are/aren't allowed to walk around. Their site says you can take the lift back down or take the hike to Slopeside, but doesn't mention if you are allowed anywhere else. I'd like to take the boys up and walk up to the edge of a few of the trails like Razors and Main Street

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Kind of off topic, but has anyone gone up there and taken a scenic lift ride? I'm curious where you are/aren't allowed to walk around. Their site says you can take the lift back down or take the hike to Slopeside, but doesn't mention if you are allowed anywhere else. I'd like to take the boys up and walk up to the edge of a few of the trails like Razors and Main Street

I have in the past. I walked to the top of Razors, Challenge, Sidewinder (where the best views are), and then over the top lodge and down Burma.