Coming Soon Just Came. 2/1/21.

toast21602

6 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I have in the past. I walked to the top of Razors, Challenge, Sidewinder (where the best views are), and then over the top lodge and down Burma. 

1 minute ago, mbike-ski said:

have hiked around the trails coming in from the AT, no issues. Just keep a heads up not to interfere or get beaned by the disc golf or mountain biking

Right on, thanks for the info. Want to show them the steepness of some of the hills, and Bubba wants to show his mom how steep Main St is since he skiied it on his last day this year.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Right on, thanks for the info. Want to show them the steepness of some of the hills, and Bubba wants to show his mom how steep Main St is since he skiied it on his last day this year.

The trails look way steeper without any snow on them. It is great up there in the fall during leaf-peeping-season or when they have their Octoberfest event. 

• Like 1

i can attest to the fact that shit is way steeper than when you're on skis. last summer, i walked from the summit lodge to sixer and thought i was gonna die. pretty sure my wife and dog wanted to murder me because i originally (and honestly) didn't think it was nearly as steep a walk as it was. 

did the chairlift ride, you can walk wherever you want, they just emphasize to get back to the quad before whatever time it stops running. be forewarned that it's gonna be a blue square walk to main st and a double black diamond one back to the quad... 

edit - nvm i just remembered sidewinder was roped off, so maybe not everywhere

Edited by Benm

24 minutes ago, Benm said:

i can attest to the fact that shit is way steeper than when you're on skis. last summer, i walked from the summit lodge to sixer and thought i was gonna die. pretty sure my wife and dog wanted to murder me because i originally (and honestly) didn't think it was nearly as steep a walk as it was. 

did the chairlift ride, you can walk wherever you want, they just emphasize to get back to the quad before whatever time it stops running. be forewarned that it's gonna be a blue square walk to main st and a double black diamond one back to the quad... 

edit - nvm i just remembered sidewinder was roped off, so maybe not everywhere

Saying this makes me think about how Montage does trail races all over the mountain. That must be intense to run up a blue trail

3 minutes ago, Schif said:

Saying this makes me think about how Montage does trail races all over the mountain. That must be intense to run up a blue trail

they do the blue burn or whatever where you basically make a loop around the mtn bottom to top to bottom i think. you can track times (like the winter leaderboard) with the RFID card at different stations.

9 hours ago, enjoralas said:

From a promotional email from Blue discussing the bike park. Wonder if there is really any installation happening on Paradise, or if that's tie-in work for the new lines on Coming Soon:

A few additional items to note:
-Paradise ski trail is now closed to bike traffic. Upper Empire must be used to access Lower Empire. There is snowmaking installation work on Paradise and riders need to stay clear. Riding on ski slopes not designated for bikes is never allowed at Blue Mountain.

When I read upper empire I think of the whiteface trail.

IMG_20190228_122442.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/2/2021 at 7:23 AM, Benm said:

it'd be nice if they created a path new trail from the first turn of paradise onto coming soon. access with both lifts.

maybe take out a chunk at the bottom of paradise and force them further to the left.

comingsoon.png

almost positive that trail would be going uphill. i don't think you'd be able to get from paradise to coming soon without a bit of a hike

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

almost positive that trail would be going uphill. i don't think you'd be able to get from paradise to coming soon without a bit of a hike

well, why stop at padding the trail count...

they can install a rope tow to add to the lift count!

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1
  • Boner City 1

• 5 months later...