'Dacks Trip Thread...2021!!!

saltyant

28 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty get a ski lock.  You have 2018s hottest skis you don’t want them stolen. 

I'm carrying 2 ski locks, both a combo and a key lock. But the ski stands outside lodges arent always easy to lock to and sometimes I'm too lazy to deal with the combo lock 

Currently eating a Steezeburger in the Bear Lodge and found 1 stand which accommodates ski locks.

• Like 1

Grate morning and perfect Blue bird day. Linez are starting to go down for lunch, hopefully everyone goes home.

Been doing black diamond and blue square runs mostly off the Freeway lift which are fun and steep. Will aim for lots of summit runs if the lines continue to dwindle 🤞🤞🤞🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I'm carrying 2 ski locks, both a combo and a key lock. But the ski stands outside lodges arent always easy to lock to and sometimes I'm too lazy to deal with the combo lock 

Currently eating a Steezeburger in the Bear Lodge and found 1 stand which accommodates ski locks.

That’s nice...I haven’t had a ski area cafeteria steezeburger in a long time..

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If it clears up you can see camels jump and mount Mansfield to the east. On a clear day you can see mount Washington from mount Mansfield(Stowe) and you can see mount Washington from the Maine coast.  Pretty Steezy. 

I was wondering where Mt. Mansfield is when I was riding the lift. Saw 2 large mountains on the horizon, will look them up later. If I find Smuggler's Notch I'll wave to Moe Ghoul and yell for him to come here for better skiing

• Boner City 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If it clears up you can see camels jump and mount Mansfield to the east.

Thought there were clouds on the horizon at first but no... those are mountains of Vermont. Very sickbird! I wonder if that's Mt. Mansfield in the middle? I can Google Earth it later & try to figure out what Peak it is

20210204_154223.thumb.jpg.407d0ed8504cca8b55ebdc2204309592.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thought there were clouds on the horizon at first but no... those are mountains of Vermont. Very sickbird! I wonder if that's Mt. Mansfield in the middle? I can Google Earth it later & try to figure out what Peak it is

Mount Mansfield in the middle and Bolton to the right. That’s the view I had from my dorm room in college but much closer.  Here’s Burlington VT with the same mountains in the background. 

79956C26-3ECC-4F99-8503-A7867541F7DC.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I believe that's mansfield. On a clear day when you look from left to right you should see lake champlain, then mansfield, then camels hump which is more straight ahead. Lookers right are the high peaks, obviously much closer
  • Thanks 1

Walking to the gondola, another skier moved the barricade so he didnt have to walk all around the maze. No one said two beanie words. Then I did the same exact thing 15 seconds later and everyone started throwing a bitch fit. I said "well he did it so I can too!". The guy said not to make him look bad he's old so he can do it, but I said I'm lazy so that's a good reason too. Off to a grate start!!

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Walking to the gondola, another skier moved the barricade so he didnt have to walk all around the maze. No one said two beanie words. Then I did the same exact thing 15 seconds later and everyone started throwing a bitch fit. I said "well he did it so I can too!". The guy said not to make him look bad he's old so he can do it, but I said I'm lazy so that's a good reason too. Off to a grate start!!

Wow just wow.  Looks like some snow is moving in 

• Boner City 1