'Dacks Trip Thread...2021!!!

saltyant

6 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

my understanding was that time limits give more people access to sit down and eat, not because you magically get sick at the 31 minute mark, regardless of what that sign might say or imply

I think this is a good policy with or without a pandemic. I can actually find a table consistently because people dont hog the tables all day long, and I have no intent on staying any longer than it takes to eat lunch or drink my coffee

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I think this is a good policy with or without a pandemic. I can actually find a table consistently because people dont hog the tables all day long, and I have no intent on staying any longer than it takes to eat lunch or drink my coffee

yup, wouldn't mind if blue implemented something similar full time. race parents would flip though if they couldn't occupy 17 tables for the entire day in the top lodge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The lines at Blue yesterday weren’t really out of control.  I bet growing up in the USSR you had to wait way longer for a loaf of bread than for the six pack...now I have this song stuck in my Herman. The Billy Joel version is better than the Beatles version..Facts

At least those were lines for bread, not for lottery tickets or big ass TVs on a Black Friday.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

As the owner of this thread I grant Eaf permission to type whatever he wants

Hell yeah. Some seem to come here just to say how they don't like seeing what they see. It's a democracy. Create your own thread and post whatever propaganda you want there.

And, Salty, thank you for this pardon. Vote Trump!

• Boner City 1
  • Confused 3

Feel like I'm never getting out of bear land. The rat place was a total fustercluck, took 30 minutes for them to bring my burrito and fries. Other people were complaining cuz they weren't taking their order. Then the waitress disappeared with my credit card for another 15 minutes. Put my gear on and kept popping my head in to see if my card sprouted wings and flew away. I mean I'm a patient guy but come on, man, I want to shred the gnar!! And now the gaper lift shut down 3 times so God knows when I'll get back to the gundolllia

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

@eaf I have a grate idea. designate chairlifts as restaurants, then you can sit close by other people without masks! Restaurants create invisible barriers did ja know? Just dont sit in one place for 31 minutes or you might cost everyone their season

20210205_125553.thumb.jpg.b835f20a1214fb3fcb03722e17ec61b7.jpg

What ding dong takes more than 30 minutes to eat lunch. You’ve been having a grate ski season because of the precautions resorts have been taking. 

• Thanks 1

[mention=264]RidgeRacer[/mention] Upper Skyward to Niagra to Victoria is a really fun run. It goes from steep smooth surface with dense fog, to steep moguls with better visibility to less steep moguls. Far out!

Heck yeah. Upper skyward is the start of the 1980 women's downhill. Is cloudspin or cloudspin cut open.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

yup, wouldn't mind if blue implemented something similar full time. race parents would flip though if they couldn't occupy 17 tables for the entire day in the top lodge.

I thought Blue has time limits this area inside lodges..or at least suggestions. I read it on their Covid-19 safety plan. Something like 60 minute limit in the cafeteria and 90 minutes at slopeside. Reminds me of when me Atomic Jeff and Johnny style were in aspen. At the restaurant we were at after dinner Johnny style wanted to do mind erasers so we stayed at our table another hour doing mind erasers and drinking more beer with Atomic Jeff the designated driver...anyway when we left there was a large wait for a table and JStyle felt bad that we took a table for so long.  

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

@eaf I have a grate idea. designate chairlifts as restaurants, then you can sit close by other people without masks! Restaurants create invisible barriers did ja know? Just dont sit in one place for 31 minutes or you might cost everyone their season

20210205_125553.thumb.jpg.b835f20a1214fb3fcb03722e17ec61b7.jpg

such a nice virus....it doesn't really attack us in restaurants, lol. <sarcasm alert>

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Heck yeah. Upper skyward is the start of the 1980 women's downhill. Is cloudspin or cloudspin cut open.

Cloudspin was closed, I didnt see a sign for Cloudspin Cut.

My final top to bottom run was epic. Upper Skyward in the clouds, moguls on Niagra and Victoria, then Off Broadway for more moguls, then Boreen and thru Bobcat Glades as a nice finish. Epic rad gnarly day!

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

Just now, saltyant said:

Cloudspin was closed, I didnt see a sign for Cloudspin Cut.

My final top to bottom run was epic. Upper Skyward in the clouds, moguls on Niagra and Victoria, then Off Broadway for moar moguls, then Boreen and thru Bobcat Glades as a nice finish. Epic rad gnarly day!

if i remember correctly, cloudspin isn't open that often. not sure if there is snowmaking on that trail or not.