BC/XC anything but resort skiing.

GSSucks

Anyone getting out, I know a lot of people here have set-ups. There is lots of snow on the ground, lets put the gear to work that you paid a ton for, even if its skinning the neighborhood roads. Post some pictures and trip ideas, lets get a group together and go for a tour! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I couldn't get out of my driveway and neighborhood today so I was stuck skiing Mt. Mik and surrounding areas. Unfortunately the lifts weren't spinning at Mt. Mik, but the magic carpets got me where I wanted to go. Took a brief tour of some of the open fields and a few laps down the face, skinless. With 2'+ of snow and larger drifts I gained an appreciation for those who set the skin track. The looped route back was much better. Might try and find a nice local hill tomorrow afternoon.

IMG_3142.thumb.jpg.81e5f8be1b513370f6944c2089332cda.jpg

IMG_3139.thumb.jpg.44f4093c26023b488a8dc995b3390fa7.jpg

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Do you know of how long it takes to skin?....I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon 

What time? I can't promise anything with time since it will depend on the conditions. I was hoping to be on the snow by 11:00. I can't imagine it would take more than 90-120 minutes for a full loop. If it does than I should really just stop skiing. 

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

What time? I can't promise anything with time since it will depend on the conditions. I was hoping to be on the snow by 11:00. I can't imagine it would take more than 90-120 minutes for a full loop. If it does than I should really just stop skiing. 

Wish i could join ya. If things get a little refresh on Friday I'd be in for another round on Saturday if ya want. I'll bring the hiking carrier so I can put rose on my back since she doesn't have skins. 😒

• Like 4