BC/XC anything but resort skiing.

GSSucks

3fb0819d2ec4943ab62a6ab9e206768c.jpg

Got out for a flat tour around the parks by my house tonight. Not much breaking trail since this route sees a lot of hiker traffic. It’s pretty cool since there are a lot of little bridges across small streams. The lake that the one trail loops around is almost totally frozen, which made for some nice scenery. I also managed to not almost fall in the river tonight, very much unlike when I biked this route last week. Are dynafit toes always a pain to step into, or am I doing something wrong?

c5d6ec8c3b6c68d2c512a4e528e0387a.jpg

35956e101618d097e2e0df18a81155bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

3fb0819d2ec4943ab62a6ab9e206768c.jpg

Got out for a flat tour around the parks by my house tonight. Not much breaking trail since this route sees a lot of hiker traffic. It’s pretty cool since there are a lot of little bridges across small streams. The lake that the one trail loops around is almost totally frozen, which made for some nice scenery. I also managed to not almost fall in the river tonight, very much unlike when I biked this route last week. Are dynafit toes always a pain to step into, or am I doing something wrong?

c5d6ec8c3b6c68d2c512a4e528e0387a.jpg

35956e101618d097e2e0df18a81155bb.jpg

Dynafit’s have a learning curve. Flat ground they are not too bad, but on a slope with powder....Jesus!

18 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

Are dynafit toes always a pain to step into, or am I doing something wrong?

you’re first few times suck but it gets better as you get use to it

Although .... when I first got mine, I had a helllll of a time. I finally connected with someone who was like - it looks like they were installed incorrectly. I took them to like a “corporate” Dynafit office in Boulder and they fixed them on site. 

Edited by skiincy
  • Like 1

So i thought about it some more, and I think it has to do with the fact that my boots have a DIN sole, not a 9523 touring sole, which is a bit thicker. There's little shoulder nubs on the binding right in front of the pins that should align the toe lug, but since my soles are thinner, I think they drop down into the toe piece ever so slightly too far to be able to just seamlessly step into them. Gotta see if there's a toe height adjustment I can fiddle with which should solve the issue, I think.

• Like 2