2-2-21. Groundhog day

JFskiDan

56 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

From there we went to coming soon which held plenty of untouched. The top part is flat but amazingly fun since it was deeeeeeep. The headwall hit and it was boner city to paradise. Skied that twice.

I'm putting forward a motion that the lower headwall of coming soon from here on out be referred to as Boner City. 

No good photos from me today. Too busy getting lost in the woods.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Thought I saw you in sleepy hollow

Is that the trees off of main? They were awesome first thing this AM when the doubles just started running. Seems like we timed that perfectly. Sorry you guys got my sloppy seconds on the T bar line 😘

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

True story...I won best smile in my 8th grade graduating class year book.

Shit the best compliment I’ve received in recent years is that I have soft hands but apparently that can also be a diss..although came to me from a lady who was super into me..at least when her baby daddy wasn’t in the picture 😕

• Sad 1

I'm sad I don't have more boner cities to give. @Benm nailed it. The untracked stuff might not have been quite as deep today as yesterday, but with coverage so good everywhere and everything in play, you could just ski so much more freely. You know it's gonna be a good day when you're standing in line waiting for the lift to spin and patrol announces to the crowd that they didn't groom everything, there's 4 foot drifts, and "just don't ski in the woods alone". Saw a few patrollers poaching some bike trails, so then all bets were off. Quad liftline hotlaps were 💯.

• Like 7

I cannot tell you guys how bummed I am right now. I know I shouldn't complain because I was able to get out but I was on the snow for an hour and 45 minutes tonight and only managed to get 4 runs in. 3 of those were fun dips into the woods but still. I felt like I had gotten to a steakhouse late, they had run out of steaks and I had to wait an hour for only a salad. 

7 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

I'm sad I don't have more boner cities to give. @Benm nailed it. The untracked stuff might not have been quite as deep today as yesterday, but with coverage so good everywhere and everything in play, you could just ski so much more freely. You know it's gonna be a good day when you're standing in line waiting for the lift to spin and patrol announces to the crowd that they didn't groom everything, there's 4 foot drifts, and "just don't ski in the woods alone". Saw a few patrollers poaching some bike trails, so then all bets were off. Quad liftline hotlaps were 💯.

A few years ago, we rode up with patrollers and specifically asked them about the woods/bike trails and they told us then that they're no longer restricted, so I guess technically skiing them anymore isn't considered "poaching".