2/4/21...sunny crowded

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. When I arrived at 820am it was in the upper 20s under sunny sky’s. Wow the people really streamed in fast while I was booting up.  Also in the House was BenM.  Second civilian 6 pack. ..had a conversation with an old timer who just recovered from Covid. He got it from his wife who got it at Bingo. 

First run was sidewinder as challenge and razors grooming looked subpar and wow sidewinder was great western packed powder.  Up the quad and skied razors which was uneven at the top and smooth packed powder the rest of the way.  Then up the quad again to coming soon which barely had any rocks and small chalky bumps on the steep pitch.  Coverage was incredible for all natural snow.  

Up the six pack and skied Main Street which was super good then sidewinder again followed by some woods off tuts lane where I got stuck and so much underlying stuff not that good onto lazy mile to the Main Street chair.  Full corral on the Main Street side so went to Burma side where line was minimal but they were only running the Main Street chair which was dumb.  Final run come around then under the Main Street chair which was nice chowder to the chute to lower Main Street to shuttle to lower park to the lot for a quick beer. The temperature was in the mid 30s when I left and the lower lot was full. JADIP. I might be up tomorrow AM depends if we get a few inches of new snow...

98C8A130-3DF3-4601-99D8-F2172C1D2B15.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Boner City 1

1 hour ago, Benm said:

skis are a little nicked up tho.

Thats kinda like a badge of honor, and normally means you had a good day.   Not that i try to abuse my skis, but keeping them in my closet would keep them pristine, but i would be bored as hell.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Benm said:

the issue is that i don't know what's ok and what's not ok. 

Do you see wood or fiberglass through the gouges in your bases? If not, rock and roll. Anything else is superficial and will make your skis marginally slower (@AtomicSkier response in 3... 2... 1...), but it's not gonna ruin your skiing unless you've got plastic hanging off the bases.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

Do you see wood or fiberglass through the gouges in your bases? If not, rock and roll. Anything else is superficial and will make your skis marginally slower (@AtomicSkier response in 3... 2... 1...), but it's not gonna ruin your skiing unless you've got plastic hanging off the bases.

nah, nothing like that, just kind of deep in whatever the bottom material is and it is next to the edge. thanks, that gives me a good idea of what to look for in the future.

6 minutes ago, Benm said:

nah, nothing like that, just kind of deep in whatever the bottom material is and it is next to the edge. thanks, that gives me a good idea of what to look for in the future.

if it's right next to the edge, that does make the edge a little more prone to injury so you might wanna fill it in. take a photo and let's see what you're working with here?

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Skis are tools, not jewels!

Out of the box and into the rocks!

I like that. With today and tomorrow afternoons warmth coming soon will be extra technical this weekend. So many non Bump skiers on coming soon standing sideways..while I didn’t Hollywood through them, I was at least semi competent..they were so little and tightly spaced. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kyle said:

WJW @eaf should ask for a refund 

Eaf will complain about masks because he won’t get a goggle tan and if he didn’t wear a mask he’d complain about getting a sunburn. Mask use today was really bad.  VIP was actually shorter than the regular line so lots of day ticket peeps. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

22 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Came with family today and thus got my longest day of the season... 9-1:15.  Rode coming soon for the first time.  Great conditions and great ambiance.  Lines got to about 10 minute waits 

Me and BenM were wondering if you were in the house since you just about never miss a Thursday. Glad you got to ride coming soon. Pretty cool that you can only access it from the quad unless you have skins lol 

53 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

if it's right next to the edge, that does make the edge a little more prone to injury so you might wanna fill it in. take a photo and let's see what you're working with here?

here are some photos. hard to get an idea on the depth of it.

i'm prob overreacting. please don't bust my balls tooooo hard if this shit is laughable. 

IMG_20210204_1424311.jpg

IMG_20210204_1424459.jpg

IMG_20210204_1422299.jpg

IMG_20210204_1422485.jpg

IMG_20210204_1423375.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Benm said:

here are some photos. hard to get an idea on the depth of it.

i'm prob overreacting. please don't bust my balls tooooo hard if this shit is laughable. 

IMG_20210204_1424311.jpg

IMG_20210204_1424459.jpg

IMG_20210204_1422299.jpg

IMG_20210204_1422485.jpg

IMG_20210204_1423375.jpg

Only the second one is a love tap, you could throw a smidgen of ptex down so they don't grind them so much when you next get them ground but those are just babies. Core shots or where it pulls the ptex and drags you gotta get fixed but that can all just be taken care of next tune. Atomic would flip about those edges though lol

Sideways movements across rocks especially when applying downhill leg pressure is the big damaging movement ie coreshots, edge pullout that kinda shit. When it's thinner you can try to pick your spots where your really putting in leg but they are skis so my thought is rip it and fix them latter.

• Like 2