2/4/21...sunny crowded

GrilledSteezeSandwich

The snow was awesome from the start, it really is the best of the season right now. Kinda skiing groomers in Alps. So enjoyable. Especially with the sun out. Doesn't last too long though with that many people. I'd say that in an hour it turns just being OK.

The Coming Soon turned into a mogul field. And with the coverage being thin, those moguls are right down to rocks in many places. Be cautious.

Crowds were gradually picking up, felt like a holiday weekend, not a Thursday morning. I called it quits after two hours, but still a great day.

• Boner City 2

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Me and BenM were wondering if you were in the house since you just about never miss a Thursday. Glad you got to ride coming soon. Pretty cool that you can only access it from the quad unless you have skins lol 

It felt so weird riding new terrain at blue...almost surreal (I have no recollection of nightweaver opening).  Props to them for allowing coming soon to still be open. Also felt weird riding as a passenger to blue, first time in 5 years and 7 years since riding as a back seat passenger to blue. The ambiance felt like a western blue bird day...natural snow on the trails and one of the few times riding blue each year where there is significant snow on the whole mountain, not just the trails.  Also feels good to come home and see alot of snow in my backyard, what a great past 5 days it’s been

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

It felt so weird riding new terrain at blue...almost surreal (I have no recollection of nightweaver opening).  Props to them for allowing coming soon to still be open. Also felt weird riding as a passenger to blue, first time in 5 years and 7 years since riding as a back seat passenger to blue. The ambiance felt like a western blue bird day...natural snow on the trails and one of the few times riding blue each year where there is significant snow on the whole mountain, not just the trails.  Also feels good to come home and see alot of snow in my backyard, what a great past 5 days it’s been

I haven’t been a passenger to or from Blue since high school...

2 hours ago, Benm said:

here are some photos. hard to get an idea on the depth of it.

i'm prob overreacting. please don't bust my balls tooooo hard if this shit is laughable. 

IMG_20210204_1424311.jpg

IMG_20210204_1424459.jpg

IMG_20210204_1422299.jpg

IMG_20210204_1422485.jpg

IMG_20210204_1423375.jpg

JL is correct that those are just love taps..Ptex sticks are cheap and pretty easy to use...or just have the shop take care of it at tune time....If you start seeing stuff that looks like this or the core you got some repair to deal with...

20210204_165318.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you like skiing better than snowboarding?  That seems to be the trend snowboarders becoming skiers..rarely the other way around. 

I do, but I think it’s because it feels more natural to me because of playing hockey for 20 some years of my life. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

JL is correct that those are just love taps..Ptex sticks are cheap and pretty easy to use...or just have the shop take care of it at tune time....If you start seeing stuff that looks like this or the core you got some repair to deal with...

20210204_165318.jpg

Sticks are good but string is more durable and strip is by far the best. It doesn't flow as nice as sticks but if you have a gun or pencil and let it get real hot flows nice 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Only the second one is a love tap, you could throw a smidgen of ptex down so they don't grind them so much when you next get them ground but those are just babies. Core shots or where it pulls the ptex and drags you gotta get fixed but that can all just be taken care of next tune. Atomic would flip about those edges though lol

Sideways movements across rocks especially when applying downhill leg pressure is the big damaging movement ie coreshots, edge pullout that kinda shit. When it's thinner you can try to pick your spots where your really putting in leg but they are skis so my thought is rip it and fix them latter.

hahaha i was laughing about the base damage, but then i saw the edges 😳  holy shit that gives me anxiety.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Beautiful evening. Doesn't get much better for a night sesh. Healthy crowd but lots of families including Ryan, Mute and fam as well as me and my daughter. True packed powder conditions. 9.8 out of 10. Splendid evening out here

IMG_20210204_192537.jpg

Nice that despite the warmish temperatures today the north facing slopes of the Blue mountain stayed packed powder.  That’s my boy Blue. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Fun festive atmosphere tonight with great snow. At 9pm the 6 pack line was almost back to the turnstiles. Run of the night...sleepy hollow to main, cut over to switchback. Blue with snow off piste is a different world.

Wow are they open till 10pm on Thursdays?   Was the VIP line less than the regular line?

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Sticks are good but string is more durable and strip is by far the best. It doesn't flow as nice as sticks but if you have a gun or pencil and let it get real hot flows nice 

Yeah, screw the light the candle sticks, they're worthless.  The stuff won't adhere and will be gone the first few feet you ski.

If it's a true core shot (see right through the base to the metal/wood), get it to the shop and they'll use a welder to fix it properly, unless you or a friend have a welder to do it.

• Like 1

Past 2 days were sooo nice. Coming Soon lots of fun, there were a few rocks sticking out by end of the day yesterday. Not sure it will be open this weekend. Had a marathon session yesterday, on the snow at 930, had a great tailgate break, more skiing, more lot. Didn’t leave until 5. VIP line on 6 moved quickly.  Won’t be there this weekend, picked up a shift for bonus $$$. Have fun everyone. ⛷🏂

• Like 4
  • Love 1