Colorado Road Trip - Telluride, Silverton, Crested Butte, Aspen

AtomicSkier

4 hours ago, indiggio said:

He obviously didn't watch the Jackson video on how to self-arrest...

Doesn't look as steep as Tower Three at Jackson, but that may just be the camera.

Why would you bother with coverage being so thin?  Just to say you did it?
You're just begging for a snow-snake to grab a ski and toss you. 
Rumor has it they even lurk in Burma woods and they're nowhere near as steep, just ask@tarponhead

Definitely a doer given enough snow.  Looks like fun!

I imagine it's like Devil's Fiddle at Killy. It's never open, or well covered, so when it's in play you're just compelled to ski it regardless of how bad it is. Didn't find anything too bad in the Burma woods, but the Lazy woods had some sharks for sure.

• Like 2

https://thegrandtraverse.org/gothicmountaintour/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=events&utm_term=gmt&fbclid=IwAR1BaqU8Kobf9Pg7g_23vHOBT04pEjzG_qJUtyfUNaChjoaUoL2eVHi2CqI

Jeff you should check this out. 2/28 Gothic mountain tour. 23 miles 5k elevation gain, competitive or recreation class. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Great pics but when are you gonna take your BMW to the car wash? Are there any group car washes in Telluride? Asking for a friend @GrilledSteezeSandwich

It *is* filthy ... mostly from the drive from Telluride to Crested Butte.  I'll get it washed when I'm in Gunnison next week.  Even the inside barrels of the wheels are coated in mud/stones.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Barb said:

https://thegrandtraverse.org/gothicmountaintour/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=events&utm_term=gmt&fbclid=IwAR1BaqU8Kobf9Pg7g_23vHOBT04pEjzG_qJUtyfUNaChjoaUoL2eVHi2CqI

Jeff you should check this out. 2/28 Gothic mountain tour. 23 miles 5k elevation gain, competitive or recreation class. 

that looks incredibly cool. I 'toured' about 3 miles and 1000' of vert today and I'm tired. Couldn't imagine something as intense as this.

1 hour ago, Barb said:

My feet hurt just thinking about that.

Well, Rambo is open, and I checked it out (from the bottom).  It's pretty damn steep, but too late in the day for me to get up there to do.
I didn't get on the hill until 2:45pm, but the weather was *perfect*.  Like 38F when I left the house, and low-mid 30s on the hill.  Snow was perfectly chalking to fucking rip some turns for an hour.  Sorry to get repetitive, but it's just so fucking nice ripping big groomers with nobody around after a day of work.  Really does bring a smile to my face.
Even got the #1 parking spot.  I know [mention=1419]Barb[/mention] always takes the bus, but late in the day I don't want to waste any more time than I have to, and I can ski right to the car at end of the day.
IMG_4284.thumb.jpeg.efb2eaeb504545bf8f22d7f991aac35c.jpeg
IMG_4285.thumb.jpeg.3e89b5052c8ee0a40c1b6ba670bbd2a3.jpeg

Glad to see your moon shoes made the flight.
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3

Sorry, didn't post yesterday, just had a big work project go production yesterday so had some clean up to do.  Only skied for about an hour, but it was another perfect day.   It's so refreshing to crush some sunny groomers at the end of the day in mild low 30s weather.  Great way to end the day.

IMG_4291.jpeg

• Like 6

I apologize for the lack of updates the past few days.  Besides 1-2” of fresh yesterday, it’s been sunny and nice 😃.  Paradise lift was down for an hour or so this morning while they re-spaced the chairs (pulled a Blue).  No pics from skiing today, just from my 10 mile run post skiing 

E959FCE3-B759-435C-8E50-08DC88544D37.jpeg

6CF98ECD-6F9A-41B4-8F4F-B9CDA878A638.jpeg

• Like 5

Sorry the lack of updates.  Been dealing with some issues the last few days.  Been pretty warm and sunny other than about 4" of snow yesterday.  Got out at opening to get that freshness. 

But, Tuesday night, I had just left the house to pick up my friend at the Gunnison airport, and 2 miles outside of town, I hit a massive pothole, instantly flattening my front right tire, and bubbling my back right tire.  I noticed another car pulled over in front of me, and I watched as two more cars get flats.  I decided to have the car towed back into town for the night (while stranding my friend at the airport, LOL) and deal with getting it somewhere Wednesday AM.  AAA was there in like 15 minutes, and towed me back into town.  Wednesday AM, I made a few calls to places in Gunnison, found somewhere that could make it happen, so I shipped them two new snow tires from TireRack, which happens to have a warehouse in Denver, which means the tires would get there Thursday.  I had the car towed the 35 minutes down to Gunnison around lunch time on Wednesday.  By Thursday at 2pm, the car was all ready, so I took the RTA bus down to Gunnison to pick up the car.  They even washed my filthy ass car.  It was a good ending to an otherwise annoying/distracting/stressful 48 hours.

Going to give TireRack's road hazard warranty a program test 😀 If I submitted the paperwork correctly, should only be a $70 annoyance. 

IMG_4365.jpeg

IMG_4369.jpeg

IMG_4372.jpeg

IMG_4374.jpeg

IMG_4378.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Couple of other interesting stats ... tomorrow I'll match my longest skiing streak ever at 27 days in a row.  And Monday with @mute1080 I will hit 200 days skied in the west / Europe since the start of PASR 😀

Big. Tomorrow will be Blue Mountain day 750 for me since starting PASR. Not as cool. 

• Love 1

4 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

Sorry the lack of updates.  Been dealing with some issues the last few days.  Been pretty warm and sunny other than about 4" of snow yesterday.  Got out at opening to get that freshness. 

But, Tuesday night, I had just left the house to pick up my friend at the Gunnison airport, and 2 miles outside of town, I hit a massive pothole, instantly flattening my front right tire, and bubbling my back right tire.  I noticed another car pulled over in front of me, and I watched as two more cars get flats.  I decided to have the car towed back into town for the night (while stranding my friend at the airport, LOL) and deal with getting it somewhere Wednesday AM.  AAA was there in like 15 minutes, and towed me back into town.  Wednesday AM, I made a few calls to places in Gunnison, found somewhere that could make it happen, so I shipped them two new snow tires from TireRack, which happens to have a warehouse in Denver, which means the tires would get there Thursday.  I had the car towed the 35 minutes down to Gunnison around lunch time on Wednesday.  By Thursday at 2pm, the car was all ready, so I took the RTA bus down to Gunnison to pick up the car.  They even washed my filthy ass car.  It was a good ending to an otherwise annoying/distracting/stressful 48 hours.

Going to give TireRack's road hazard warranty a program test 😀 If I submitted the paperwork correctly, should only be a $70 annoyance. 

IMG_4365.jpeg

IMG_4369.jpeg

IMG_4372.jpeg

IMG_4374.jpeg

IMG_4378.jpeg

Get that bend checked out in the rear wheel