Colorado Road Trip - Telluride, Silverton, Crested Butte, Aspen

AtomicSkier

Just now, toast21602 said:

You’re going to come back bronzed up like a Greek god. 

I'd work from the patio one day just to bronze up, but the table is still covered in about 3ft of snow.  Masks really cut into my bronzing, so it'll have to happen when I'm running 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 2:12 PM, AtomicSkier said:

Groundhogs day.  Left the house at 8:40am, picked up the 8:45am bus, and was AIC (ass in chair) by 8:58am.  Love that they open early (5-10 minutes before 9am).   Slightly cooler and breezier than yesterday but still very sunny, and snow conditions were just as good.  The big difference was there was a 1/3 fewer people out today.  I doodled in the woods a bit to explore more terrain.  When I got back down to the base at 10:45am, the Silver Queen line was like a minute.  So up for an International Lap, a pretty freakin steep groomer.  And then up for another.  I rode the lift with a guy who was born in Allentown, lived in Maryland, but has been doing what I'm doing for the past month.  Supposed to be in the mid-30s and sunny tomorrow, so should be yet another day in paradise.

No sausage sunday for me, just some left over pizza and a few beers 😁

IMG_4258.jpeg

IMG_4259.jpeg

IMG_4260.jpeg

What did you think of international? Thats one of the best anywhere I think. 

1 minute ago, Barb said:

Yeah, new management company bought out my old one. The guy is super nice but I think he is still figuring things out. So far I have not been impressed with his snow removal. 

If I lived closer I’d shovel for you.  I spent an hour shoveling mid afternoon at my work before it freezes up tonight. I like it and don’t have to deal with the phones.  This ice dam is gonna slide Wednesday maybe even tomorrow when the sun will come out.  

A9A1FC2F-213F-415B-B236-07628713A30F.jpeg

• Love 1

And in topic talk to Ridge and JFDan about banana or peel. That’s a legit long run and was closed when I was there 20 years ago back when it was known as crusty butt they even had naked ski day back then. Now I think most of the skids have left for Canada and Alaska..to many wallets and Herb tourons. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, Barb said:

Yeah, Jeff, give your thoughts about different runs already!  I am genuinely interested. 

You're going to have to wait for the good, the bad, and the ugly.

@GrilledSteezeSandwich

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

And in topic talk to Ridge and JFDan about banana or peel. That’s a legit long run and was closed when I was there 20 years ago back when it was known as crusty butt. 

I skied Peel the other day.  I always take CO "EX" terrain with a grain of salt.  Sure, it was expert terrain, but nothing EXTREME about it.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:
I skied Peel the other day.  I always take CO "EX" terrain with a grain of salt.  Sure, it was expert terrain, but nothing EXTREME about it.

I want to say the stuff on the other side, off the t bar, the open face stuff, maybe had more pitch? I could be wrong though. Rambo looked pretty fucking steep too. Has that been open? We never got up to Teocali Bowl either which is a big reason why I need to get back there. I think Dan probably thought riding t bar was the most extreme thing we did that trip 😆

Edited by RidgeRacer

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyant would you ski this?

He obviously didn't watch the Jackson video on how to self-arrest...

Doesn't look as steep as Tower Three at Jackson, but that may just be the camera.

Why would you bother with coverage being so thin?  Just to say you did it?
You're just begging for a snow-snake to grab a ski and toss you. 
Rumor has it they even lurk in Burma woods and they're nowhere near as steep, just ask@tarponhead

Definitely a doer given enough snow.  Looks like fun!

Edited by indiggio