Greek Peak 2/7

PSUFrankenstein

24 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

Debating going up there next weekend. No crowds? Their website says they aren't requiring ticket reservations.

Pretty empty for a weekend.   Longest line so far was like 3 min.

23 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Looks awesome. Can't wait to get up there in a few weeks

You'll like it.  A little smaller than blue vertical wise but it skis pretty big.  Good amount of trails and glades

• Like 2

Thanks for the shots and write up. I always havd wanted to check this place out as the closest place of this size I have never made it to - generally because Elk, Hunter, Windham and Plattekill are all closer to me. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

Oil rig lift!

greek peak’s glade are fun as hell, nobody seems to go in the one on the middle of the mtn

It was pretty empty overall...similar to montage with the lack of crowds.  I think aesop's glade was the middle mtn glade.   Hit a few others, only one I remember seeing a sign for was alsos glade.  There was a bump run on the east side that was really fun...urethra or something haha.  

Also, there's a creek running through the edge of one of the trails that I hit and wiped out 

• Confused 1

• 11 months later...

Gonna be skiing Greek for the first time today and tomorrow. Looks like they are in a sweet spot for the Sunday night storm and thinking that it will clear out of here for the drive home Monday night earlier that it clears out of places East, plus the drive home being almost all interstate will make it easier to get home.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Gonna be skiing Greek for the first time today and tomorrow. Looks like they are in a sweet spot for the Sunday night storm and thinking that it will clear out of here for the drive home Monday night earlier that it clears out of places East, plus the drive home being almost all interstate will make it easier to get home.

Good timing on heading there this weekend. Looking forward to hearing how it is. I'd like to get up there sooner than later.

• Like 1

I am planning on going up for a day once chair 2 or some glades open.  Seems like you should have some pretty nice snow tomorrow.  It is even accumulating in the woods on top of the stuff from last week way down south by me.

• Like 1

Yeah hard to believe it was the same mountain today. Everything had beautiful conditions, every lift running, no lines, every trail and glade skiable. They seemed to have a "please poach" policy. Impressed my girls motivated early enough for us to be on the 17th chair. 

Their cafeteria food is definitely subpar though.

Beautifully clean roads all the way home. Made it door to door in 3.5 hrs. 

• Like 4