Greek Peak 2/7

PSUFrankenstein

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yeah hard to believe it was the same mountain today. Everything had beautiful conditions, every lift running, no lines, every trail and glade skiable. They seemed to have a "please poach" policy. Impressed my girls motivated early enough for us to be on the 17th chair. 

Their cafeteria food is definitely subpar though.

Beautifully clean roads all the way home. Made it door to door in 3.5 hrs. 

Great timing! You really counted the 17th chair? 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yeah hard to believe it was the same mountain today. Everything had beautiful conditions, every lift running, no lines, every trail and glade skiable. They seemed to have a "please poach" policy. Impressed my girls motivated early enough for us to be on the 17th chair. 

Their cafeteria food is definitely subpar though.

Beautifully clean roads all the way home. Made it door to door in 3.5 hrs. 

What time did you have to get in line for 17th chair? What did all y’all have from the cafeteria?  

We were in line like 820-8:25 and lifts started at 830. Really nobody there at start of day. Got first tracks on trail we chose first. Roads were pretty hairy getting there. Was glad for SUV with new winter tires.

Sampled Chili (small, flavorless except too salty), Nachos (nothing but wiz), Grilled Cheese (small), Mozarella sticks (small), Soft pretzel (hot and fresh but too salty).

Redeeming order was onion rings which were some of best I ever had.

Fortunately also had excellent Hampton Inn breakfast buffets and found a real nice Asian fusion place for one dinner. Other dinner so so at Wegman's.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

5 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

We were in line like 820-8:25 and lifts started at 830. Really nobody there at start of day. Got first tracks on trail we chose first. Roads were pretty hairy getting there. Was glad for SUV with new winter tires.

Sampled Chili (small, flavorless except too salty), Nachos (nothing but wiz), Grilled Cheese (small), Mozarella sticks (small), Soft pretzel (hot and fresh but too salty).

Fortunately also had excellent Hampton Inn breakfast buffets and found a real nice Asian fusion place for one dinner. Other dinner so so at Wegman's.

You are picky for cafeteria food.

@saltyant salty talk. @GrilledSteezeSandwichgrilled steeze talk. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

If a soft pretzel is to @saltyant you can remove the salt. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, toast21602 said:

You are picky for cafeteria food.

@saltyant salty talk. @GrilledSteezeSandwichgrilled steeze talk. 

The only way to ensure you score some fine ski fare, is to bring your own personal chef.  IE, @enjoralas

Note that the trail report is as long as the cafeteria report.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

The only way to ensure you score some fine ski fare, is to bring your own personal chef.  IE, @enjoralas

Note that the trail report is as long as the cafeteria report.  

I wasn't asked to describe trails. I was asked what we got at the cafeteria.

4 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I wasn't asked to describe trails. I was asked what we got at the cafeteria.

You should always describe the trails, it goes without saying. i mean, this is a skiing forum after all, with a weird fetish for pics of food.  

There were some real steep double blacks, some pleasant long winding trails, 3 very nice glades with well spaced trees at various degrees of incline from blue to black - a highlight, and a bunch of bike trails through the woods. With almost everything skiable on our day 2 it had enough for a satisfying couple days. The vertical is not huge and the lifts are all slow, but with the great conditions we got Monday it was a delight and had more to it to explore than my kids legs had stamina for deep somewhat heavy snow. And my back got a bit beat up lifting them out of it when they fell and got their skis caught in it. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

My bad...you said sample so I assumed. Typically samples are free.

Remember the last time JF was run properly, and a great place to ski?  Do you remember the daily lunch special?  i think it was like "Mrs Martys" lunch or whatever?  It was like shepherds pie, lasagna, or Chicken pot pie?  Skitwolive would have written a 4 page essay about that.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Remember the last time JF was run properly, and a great place to ski?  Do you remember the daily lunch special?  i think it was like "Mrs Martys" lunch or whatever?  It was like shepherds pie, lasagna, or Chicken pot pie?  Skitwolive would have written a 4 page essay about that.  

He’d split it three ways with the twins if it was over $10

• Boner City 1