2/11 Semi-live report

Kyle

Left my house in kennett around 5:45, quick stop for gas at Wawa and I was on my way. Roads in chester county were garbage but vastly improved once I reached 1/476 in delco. Slight traffic on the blue root but nothing crazy. Turnpike was just wet with a few spots of standing water. Stopped at sheetz to grab a soda and then off to blue. Pulled in the lot at 7:50 and realized I made WAY better time than I was anticipating. I believe I parked in the correct row, see some of you guys soon! 

BACEC133-3A09-4F88-A8B1-435DEE5F2D1F.jpeg

C7A24DB9-5F5D-4507-BCAB-0699A7C07E0A.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Took 1 more run through the park after the last post. Clean run and headed straight to the car. Excellent morning on the snow. Looking forward to the next time! 

edit: more importantly, I learned I can ski without my knee brace which is a step in the right direction  

561C465C-2B60-4A89-B152-6307ADE8DBD1.jpeg

Edited by Kyle
  • Like 4

I’m sure GSS will cover it in his report, but razors had some nice big rollers on it that root would write a letter about, dye marked at the lip but tough to see from a distance. Being airborne wasn’t what I expected first run of the day. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

Should have bought a pass this year! @Kyle

I should have. But in November I was told there was a good chance I was going to be transferred to Arizona in a month so I didn’t pull the trigger..... here we are 3 months later. 

• Sad 1

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. It seemed like there was about 2” of new snow at  Blue and in the A closer to 3”. Easy drive up and I arrived around 815am. In the house were Kyle, Mute, Charles, Ryan, BenM, Marty and TP4. 

First civilian six pack and went to razors first which had root rollers set up for super G training and brutally groomed. Sidewinder next made up for that with some freshies on the side..Switchback was also groomed but pretty nice and xing groomed as well. I skied sidewinder a few more times and a run on challenge which still held nice packed powder after 10am. 

I hungout in the lot a little and drank Levante Citra then went inside to get my new skis mounted.  The little bar in the lower lot had a few people eating and drinking and people were starting to fill in.  All and all a very pleasant morning at Blue the true. 

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

Got 12 fantastic runs from 130-4. Turnstiles were mostly full however both season pass holder lines at the 6er were empty and would put you right to the front. Which has be pretty abnormal this season. 

ROTD was the woods between Switchback and Lazy. Did 4 runs thru there to end the day. 

• Like 4