Storm & Weekend Roll Call 2/18-2/21/21

toast21602

19 hours ago, NMSKI said:

Won’t make it to blue this weekend, going to Elk Saturday and Montage Sunday.  Gotta get the family out this weekend to make up for neglecting them last week in CO!

Word of Warning.... Elk Has been super crowded on Saturdays....2hr ticket lines, 2hr rental lines, parking lots overflowing, etc... 

• Boner City 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

@saltyant Sure. are you bringing your GoPro?

Cool, yep I'll have it. I'm fine skiing anywhere except the bike park and jumping off cliffs or if theres too much thin cover or rocks

Meet at top of Six pack at 9 am (or other time)?

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

Just now, saltyant said:

Cool, yep I'll have it. I'm fine skiing anywhere except the bike park and jumping off cliffs or if theres too much thin cover or rocks

Meet at top of Six pack at 9 am?

I'll bring mine too. I'm not 100% sure if I'll be at Blue tomorrow but if I am I'll definitely join. I'm trying to make this a day of kindness and weekend of kindness after our bickering earlier. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I'll bring mine too. I'm not 100% sure if I'll be at Blue tomorrow but if I am I'll definitely join. I'm trying to make this a day of kindness and weekend of kindness after our bickering earlier. 

Sounds grate! I figure ski groomers for the first 30-60 minutes for fresh corduroy and then Woods/TCS. Working on my skills for Utah (though I promised Nastar Glenn I wont do anything too crazy since I'll be alone)

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, rummy said:

Word of Warning.... Elk Has been super crowded on Saturdays....2hr ticket lines, 2hr rental lines, parking lots overflowing, etc... 

YIkes!  We were up there on the Jan 23 and 24th and we must have beaten the crowds to get parking and tickets.  I'll make sure to get there extra early tomorrow.  Don't need any rentals which is nice.  

Thanks for the info!

7 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Wow. Weekdays still slim like when we were there?

Traditionally the Presidents week is a holiday for NY schools and lots of families converge on Elk for the week. This week was Busy  ..... Next week not so much... Stay away this Saturday or you'll be disappointed...YMMV

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rummy said:

Traditionally the Presidents week is a holiday for NY schools and lots of families converge on Elk for the week. This week was Busy  ..... Next week not so much... Stay away this Saturday or you'll be disappointed...YMMV

Rummy did elk get any snow the last few days and how has tree skiing been??  Asking for a friend @saltyant

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

5 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

YIkes!  We were up there on the Jan 23 and 24th and we must have beaten the crowds to get parking and tickets.  I'll make sure to get there extra early tomorrow.  Don't need any rentals which is nice.  

Thanks for the info!

Tickets go on sale at 8:00... Beat the crowds..

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Have you skied off piste at all this season? You should do at least 1 run with me and maybe Toast and whoever else is at the top of the 6 pack for 9 am

I did a little bit a few days after the big Perder day.  Ok I’ll ski off piste tomorrow with you as long as you show me a @RootDKJ that isn’t rocky. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I did a little bit a few days after the big Perder day.  Ok I’ll ski off piste tomorrow with you as long as you show me a @RootDKJ that isn’t rocky. 

I'll defer to the experts who know the woods at Blue inside and out for the best routes. Otherwise probably Lazy Mile glades but I'm not going out to Sidewinder again, that was legit difficult

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'll defer to the experts who know the woods at Blue inside and out for the best routes. Otherwise probably Lazy Mile glades but I'm not going out to Sidewinder again, that was legit difficult

Ok I’ll do a lazy glades with you..I’ll pretend I’m in the Slalom glades at Steaux Verde Monte and Hollywood for you.. @antman12 has a video from there

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

There's a big group...like thousands of people that come every year this weekend right? I think you were telling me this last year.