Storm & Weekend Roll Call 2/18-2/21/21

toast21602

26 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Cool, yep I'll have it. I'm fine skiing anywhere except the bike park and jumping off cliffs or if theres too much thin cover or rocks

Meet at top of Six pack at 9 am (or other time)?

Why would thin cover/rocks bother you?...You already tore them up in the parking lot....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Sounds great, top of 6 pack for 9 am. I'll wait until 9:05ish to see if anyone else shows up

With the way the liftlines are gonna be tomorrow it’s going to be tough to be there during a five minute window but I’ll do my best to be there then.  Maybe ski to the doubles then and hit up widowmaker to chute. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rummy said:

Rumor was they sold over 5000 tickets the last two Saturdays....each day!

How many tickets would be normal?  Does Elk even have a six pack to handle all those crowds?? Also does that include night skiing?  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

6 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Why would thin cover/rocks bother you?...You already tore them up in the parking lot....

Ah I checked them, the scratches arent bad. Cant even put my fingernail in most of 'em. I meant big rocks that cant be see easily, as I'm more concerned with injury than dinging my RTMs

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Ah I checked them, the scratches arent bad. Cant even put my fingernail in most of 'em. I meant big rocks that cant be see easily, as I'm more concerned with injury than dinging my RTMs

That is usually my concern. Skis and gear can be replaced by my body (mostly) cannot. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

With the way the liftlines are gonna be tomorrow it’s going to be tough to be there during a five minute window but I’ll do my best to be there then.  Maybe ski to the doubles then and hit up widowmaker to chute. 

I dont mind waiting as I'll be skiing all weekend (unless lines become totally unbearable)

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How many tickets would be normal?  Does Elk even have a six pack to handle all those crowds?? Also does that include night skiing?  

Normal sales on a Saturday, I'm guessing 1/3 of that.  Does a quad with a double on the same pole count? Yes an all day ticket from 8:30 am until 9:00pm can be purchased on Friday and Saturday

54 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'll defer to the experts who know the woods at Blue inside and out for the best routes. Otherwise probably Lazy Mile glades but I'm not going out to Sidewinder again, that was legit difficult

Not if we (well, both of us anyway) had made that first exit, that would have been a piece of cake

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I dont mind waiting as I'll be skiing all weekend (unless lines become totally unbearable)

They limit ticket sales and we have access to the VIP line so they will never be that unbearable.  I do freaking love skiing right onto the lift like yesterday AM and the first hour today. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They limit ticket sales and we have access to the VIP line so they will never be that unbearable.  I do freaking love skiing right onto the lift like yesterday AM and the first hour today. 

I miss actually being able to ski onto the list like before the turnstiles. that has been years.

• Like 1

Just now, toast21602 said:

I miss actually being able to ski onto the list like before the turnstiles. that has been years.

Yup that’s when you could really get 8 runs per hour if you were skiing the front face and with a 730am weekend start that means 12 runs by 9am or 20 runs by 10am on a weekend with no lines woo woo woo.  Back when I skied blue in high school I was getting 40-60 run days regularly.  But my average ski day was 7:30-5 with a lunch break at a table in the lodge...I’d even put my lunch in a locker and buy a soda or chips from the machine.  Yesterday was like 1040am and I was like damn that was a long session lol. 

4 hours ago, NMSKI said:

Do you think Sunday is a better bet than Saturday, or not much difference?  Can always do montage Saturday. 

Usually Sundays are not as busy. Same rules apply though, get there early. The largest crowds arrive on mtn by about 10:30 to 11:00...