Feb 17 tr-Ash Wednesday

Benm

4 minutes ago, Benm said:

if you're interested in the historical data for availability, i have snapshots of every 4 hours for the last 10 days. doesn't look like anything funny going on (ie. pumping more tix based on forecast) but there is some bizarre shit on occasion. 

What kind of bizarre shit?

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What kind of bizarre shit?

like there will be a lot of tickets, then 2 four hours later, then a little less than the original amt four hours after that. i could increase the frequency but i don't care that much.

i was originally thinking people were gaming it somehow to get lower ticket prices, but i played around and didn't really notice anything.

tix.png

Edited by Benm

I thought the slopes were in pretty good shape today with the massive exceptions of Challenge and Razors. Top slope of Razors looked like someone deliberately tried to make it unskiable. Down near the jumps was better. Challenge was ok, but nowhere near as good as yesterday. With the rough condition of those two, I was pleasantly surprised at Sidewinder, Lazy, Switchback and Main Street.

Highspeed lifts started getting backed up at 9:40, and the double had a line when I got over there around 10.

Think I got the first civilian run down challenge. Been noticing the quad starts a couple of minutes before the six pack. Just before the announcement, when the 6er starts just after.

Watching Schiffern win the combined right now and the men ski out on the slalom run.

• Like 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I thought you can only get better pricing if you buy at least a week in advance. 

i was thinking more along the lines of putting 700 tix in a cart in one window and then seeing what happened to the price in another once it was low qty available. i have the price data too but i'm only interested in qtys

Once on the quad I was joined w/o being asked by two crazy Russians w/o masks who kept on talking trash and spitting all the way up. _No masks I step aside and take the next chair_ And once on Main street some guy was just gonna load with me, no questions asked. _Happened to me too - no thanks_

2 hours ago, eaf said:

The crowds were also weird. Main street lift had to stop every few mins because people were continuously losing their skis. And everybody decided to be efficient all of a sudden. Once on the quad I was joined w/o being asked by two crazy Russians w/o masks who kept on talking trash and spitting all the way up. Once on the 6-pack I was warmly invited to share the ride with 4 other elderly yet brave folks from the clan of Connor MacLeod. And once on Main street some guy was just gonna load with me, no questions asked.

In short, I liked the snow, the new skis, adored the unique crowd and hate Salty who said that after the President's day we're out of the woods.

sounds like they need to dig some snow out in front of the loading zone for the doubles so people stop catching their skis on it. also, aren't you the one who complains about people not sharing the chair with others?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

sounds like they need to dig some snow out in front of the loading zone for the doubles so people stop catching their skis on it. also, aren't you the one who complains about people not sharing the chair with others?

Well, how do we say it in PASR lingo?... "I made an observation".

I'm fine with riding up to 3 on a quad and up to 4 on six-pack if everybody's masked. Interesting, even Blue can't make up its mind regarding whether people should be masked on the lift or not. Attendants say one thing (not), their PA says the opposite.

1 hour ago, Benm said:

if you're interested in the historical data for availability, i have snapshots of every 4 hours for the last 10 days. doesn't look like anything funny going on (ie. pumping more tix based on forecast) but there is some bizarre shit on occasion. 

8 hour tickets for next Thursday were $79 at 8am this morning, $69 when I checked at 3pm. 

Procrastination pays off again! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

With gas hitting $3/gallon within the next few days, might not have to worry about crowds in March, by that time it will be over $4/gallon

I don’t think that will deter people too much, especially if they’re working from home full or part time, they’re likely saving less on fuel expenses than ever before. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, eaf said:

Well, how do we say it in PASR lingo?... "I made an observation".

I'm fine with riding up to 3 on a quad and up to 4 on six-pack if everybody's masked. Interesting, even Blue can't make up its mind regarding whether people should be masked on the lift or not. Attendants say one thing (not), their PA says the opposite.

Masked when riding with other people..alone doesn’t matter.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I still have a buddy pass if needed. 

I appreciate the offer but I already bought the ticket. Also, I’d rather use a buddy pass (if absolutely necessary) on a sausage Sunday or last weekend of the year. I feel it would be a waste to use it midweek. 

17 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

With gas hitting $3/gallon within the next few days, might not have to worry about crowds in March, by that time it will be over $4/gallon

And how do you figure.  Gas is right where it should be with the price of a barrel of crude oil at around $60.  The super cheap gas early in the pandemic was an anomaly. It’s right where it should be. 

46 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I see a lot of people on FB acting like they have never seen gas over $4. Its happened before, and it will likely happen again. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I see a lot of people on FB acting like they have never seen gas over $4. Its happened before, and it will likely happen again. 

Of course it will happen again, but 60 cent per gallon increase in 3 weeks is absurd.  The more people driving and winter weather in Texas are not valid excuses I

6 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Of course it will happen again, but 60 cent per gallon increase in 3 weeks is absurd.  The more people driving and winter weather in Texas are not valid excuses I

I dont really write down past gas prices, but im thinking 60 cents in the past 3 weeks is a little on the high side.