Feb 17 tr-Ash Wednesday

Benm

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Wow, hope BenM isn't mad that you guys messed up his Wednesday trash thread. I dont see any discussion on cookies, lift lines or Perder so the mod squad might start deleting posts

BenM needs to tag along on your Utah trip.  He’s getting jaded by Blues grate season and needs a sense of reality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

BenM needs to tag along on your Utah trip.  He’s getting jaded by Blues grate season and needs a sense of reality. 

Ski trips and trips in general have been many of the best weeks of my lifes.

Edited by saltyant

7 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

I would have guessed 6 figures, but you mentioned getting the $1200 check so idk. Regardless of income, the company sounds like a pretty valuable asset

Eh, big-buck company owners don't take diddly in salary so they don't pay any income taxes.
@GrilledSteezeSandwich is way too smart to take a 6 figure salary.  
He probably makes $1/yr and expenses the rest!

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

Eh, big-buck company owners don't take diddly in salary so they don't pay any income taxes.
@GrilledSteezeSandwich is way too smart to take a 6 figure salary.  
He probably makes $1/yr and expenses the rest!

I draw a modest salary and take extra when things are good..my main focus is paying employees, health insurance, rent(parents are the landlords) and all other expenses. Only a small percentage of people are in the six figure club and I’m not there. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

I would conservatively estimate that at least half the folks in my town (~35k) have at least one six figure salary per household

Well you live in a Richie rich town. Are single family homes available for under 300k with annual property taxes below 5k?  Is there even an extended stay hotel house in your town?  

21 hours ago, C1erArt said:

I thought the slopes were in pretty good shape today with the massive exceptions of Challenge and Razors. Top slope of Razors looked like someone deliberately tried to make it unskiable. Down near the jumps was better. Challenge was ok, but nowhere near as good as yesterday. With the rough condition of those two, I was pleasantly surprised at Sidewinder, Lazy, Switchback and Main Street.

I agree with all of this report, plus widowmaker was very firm, and burma was in good shape. Had a real good day skiing yesterday with hayata. Even though the lines are long at the six they seem to move along ok. The burma lift sitting idle with long lines on both sides is a bit ridiculous. ROTD = sidewinder.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 4:34 PM, theprogram4 said:

With gas hitting $3/gallon within the next few days, might not have to worry about crowds in March, by that time it will be over $4/gallon

Remember when i said i dont keep track of gas prices?  I dont, but i do have some handy info on the price of Diesel fuel, this was sparked by someone coming to the office telling me they can save me tons of money switching to them, so i had him quote me prices - and i just happen to have my handy file of some pricing from 2019.  

Keep in mind, these prices do not include taxes, which are about a dollar a gallon.  

1/17/2019 - $2.0768

3/06/2019 - $2.2166

3/12/2019 - $2.3409

5/25/2019 - $2.1112

5/28/2019 - $2.1201

5/06/2019 - $2.315

Yesterdays price, from the same supplier as above

$2.03

From what I understand about the current price of oil a lot of it has to do with speculation and futures and pricing reflecting the markets reacting to what looks like a return to normal consumption. Some of it is also due to the fact that there is an infrastructure bill on the table which would consume a ton of tar and diesel if we started building things. 

1 hour ago, Benm said:

if i could do it all over again, i'd be driving a diesel truck with heating oil.

Well, you would need to be driving something from circa 1990's something.  Newer diesel engines dont take well to heating oil.  Also, if you get caught doing that, you will really regret doing that.  Huge fines.  not that its real likely you would get caught, but fines are huge.  Thats the only reason heating oil and off road diesel are dyed red.  and adding a gallon of red to like 50 of on road fuel will still turn the whole tank red.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Well, you would need to be driving something from circa 1990's something.  Newer diesel engines dont take well to heating oil.  Also, if you get caught doing that, you will really regret doing that.  Huge fines.  not that its real likely you would get caught, but fines are huge.  Thats the only reason heating oil and off road diesel are dyed red.  and adding a gallon of red to like 50 of on road fuel will still turn the whole tank red.  

tenor-70863548.gif.a08e1740bec230c94750c17b5d20311a.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

And the reason the K1 hoses are so short and the pumps are at the store not the fuel island.

• Like 1