Powda Chowda 2/18/21

toast21602

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Nice morning with the PASR boyz and the fresh snow at Blue the True. Really got to milk it today. Still snowing. Not crowded. Good snow. Soft turns. Good beer. Another good day to be a skier in PA. Damn. What season so far. 

527B6C34-AF2F-4A7E-A57F-7C05FFD42C54.jpeg

536322F8-FEC2-4804-838F-6AD5B800BA24.jpeg

2D7C7654-961F-46CC-98A9-082FFED5FE2A.jpeg

9C084500-7385-4472-AD10-976913040298.jpeg

F8A36036-1243-4D46-91E2-3D596A822F81.jpeg

E8918C66-36F4-45DD-904C-5E415F7FC95D.jpeg

D9EC3FF2-BBB2-415A-8DAF-4F96633D2446.jpeg

image.png.65abf44fa902c96acb4d36772b3583ba.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

This morning was sickbird!!!

The drive to Blue took a couple extra minutes but due to booting up slowly I was in the second row at the gates and was in the fourth chair with Salty and TP4. Also in the house were Toast, BenM, Nastar Glenn, Johnny Law, Bethlehem Ford Guy and a few others.  I skied Sidewinder first and it had an inch and a half of untouched Perder..was super pleasant. Challenge next was similar and switchback was deep.  Upper Main Street still had a lot of untouched Perder and X-ing was Boner doner..so good I skied it twice. 

Crowds were light as there were still 300+ unsold morning tickets.  Later in the morning a run on nightmare to dreamweaver yielded more swaths of untouched pow pow and Nastar Glenn got at least 3 feet of air off a side hit..I also scored some freshies on Razorback.  It’s just amazing how a few inches of new snow totally transforms the conditions. It snowed the entire time I was skiing and in the lot continued to snow with a bit of sleet pounding down at the end. I think Blue received about 4” of snow with a solid 5-6” here at my work.  Anyway off to do some shoveling fueled by some beer and fun dip. JADIP.  I’ll be back tomorrow for the opening ring a ding ding. 

5B89E436-C713-47A9-9D94-3D7FA3822C9D.jpeg

5879A491-A6AD-459E-AE4E-07F4AE65C897.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Boner City 1

@GrilledSteezeSandwich Check this epic run out. It was my last run of the day and was pretty technical. At the end Nastar Glen yelled "Hey Jerry!" because he thought my actual name is Jerry. Then I talked to Nastar Glen for about 20 minutes. He says you're a grate skier.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich Check this epic run out. It was my last run of the day and was pretty technical. At the end Nastar Glen yelled "Hey Jerry!" because he thought my actual name is Jerry. Then I talked to Nastar Glenn for about 20 minutes. He says you're a grate skier.

It’s okay to just not post. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

I barely made it up blue mtn drive on the way home, then got stuck pulling into my driveway and had to dig out the car.  The middle 95% of the drive home was good though

Looks like we could get a couple more inches later tonight into tomorrow for round two of this storm. Looks like where you live and Malvern were in the jackpot zone. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich Check this epic run out. It was my last run of the day and was pretty technical. At the end Nastar Glen yelled "Hey Jerry!" because he thought my actual name is Jerry. Then I talked to Nastar Glen for about 20 minutes. He says you're a grate skier.

That was nice of Nastar Glenn. Time to watch the video. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I’ve been unfortunate enough to work the last 2 storm. Between work schedule, iffy weather and getting ready for trip next week, I haven’t skied in a week 😡. Hoping to be at Blue early tomorrow , unless the roads are total crap 

Roads will be fine..just allow extra time if you want those freshies.  Where are going next week?