Blue Knob 2/19

PSUFrankenstein

I am going to go this year once they open Stembogan, I mean, I really would like to ski Extrovert but the stars would really have to align for me to be able to get there on the approximately 1 day per year it is open

Maybe I'll get there Presidents weekend since they are not blacked out on Indy pass then

They slowly but surely opening terrain - will open to the bottom this weekend + terrain park.  Stembogan might be soon up on the snowmaking list.  I was following their snow report last year too, I don't think they are that far behind in comparison, we had a late start last year too very similar.

Edited by abe
  • Like 6

Well Blue Knob is open full vert to the bottom, they have glades open now, and are blowing Deer Run which based on last year's pattern would seem to be about the last intermediate they might blow before starting Stembogan.  Then maybe Jack Rabbit, then fill in the bowl, then with any luck they can help out Extrovert a bit before the spring meltdown... maybe this weekend's snow will help them out a bit.

They are so gosh dang slow I want to go spend my $$$ there on food, cross country, merch, the works but can't justify the drive until they get a black or two open.  Well at least I should be able to get there President's weekend when everything else is blacked out and packed crowded.

Edited by abe
  • Like 1

Well Blue Knob is open full vert to the bottom, they have glades open now, and are blowing Deer Run which based on last year's pattern would seem to be about the last intermediate they might blow before starting Stembogan.  Then maybe Jack Rabbit, then fill in the bowl, then with any luck they can help out Extrovert a bit before the spring meltdown... maybe this weekend's snow will help them out a bit.
They are so gosh dang slow I want to go spend my $$$ there on food, cross country, merch, the works but can't justify the drive until they get a black or two open.  Well at least I should be able to get there President's weekend when everything else is blacked out and packed crowded.

If I remember correctly, deer run was steeper than anything rated black at most other PA hills

428a23fba7d72b774b79ef16e68f46b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

This is deer run.  Steeper than a normal blue for sure, usually has bumps on one side.  

Lower extrovert was open when I was there last year and was pretty awesome. 

http://pasr.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/monthly_2022_01/20210219_114702.thumb.jpg.ff95439b7cd6e602e4fc662df8f322e4.jpg

That explains two things

1. Why I felt particularly crappy about my abilities
2. They need some better signage

17 minutes ago, rgrwilco said:

That explains two things

1. Why I felt particularly crappy about my abilities
2. They need some better signage

Yeah, hard to tell from the pic but I think the one you posted is either lower high Hope's and lower extrovert or lower short way and shortcut.  Both pretty steep

Lower extrovert when I was there had bumps at the top and nice powder at the bottom.  Pretty steep and if its icy its really sketchy 

All beginner and intermediate terrain open including Deer Run, Jack Rabbit;  most glades open, Extrovert, Route 66, High Hope's currently open on natural; nordic trails open & groomed. Stembogan has got to be coming next... this weekend?

If the rain/snow event does not close the currently open advanced terrain maybe I'll pay them a visit Saturday

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You’re such a hater. 

I'd love for then to get fully open and would use my IndyPass to check them out if they do. I am pretty discouraged about the outlook for the rest of this PA ski season with the rain we have just had and the further rain days forecast for this week.

Planning to hit Roundtop for some spring skiing Monday. And might hit Montage next weekend if their conditions hold up.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I'd love for then to get fully open and would use my IndyPass to check them out if they do. I am pretty discouraged about the outlook for the rest of this PA ski season with the rain we have just had and the further rain days forecast for this week.

Planning to hit Roundtop for some spring skiing Monday. And might hit Montage next weekend if their conditions hold up.

Dude it’s snowmaking temperatures again tonight and then some midweek rain and warmth then more snow and cold next weekend.  It’s gonna be the normal skiing till late March here then you’ll have to travel up north or out west to ski. 

• Like 1

Hope PA places take advantage of the snow making weather. A lot of times after getting to Presidents weekend places don't want to invest a lot more in snowmaking and would rather coast through the rest of the skison as crowds start to dwindle. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Place seems like it would by far ski bigger than anywhere else in the state if they could get those blacks open.  Feels just as tall as anywhere in NEPA even with just the triple.

Ski2Live you should check it out pretty cool if wierd place

Edited by abe
  • Like 2