Blue Knob 2/19

PSUFrankenstein

Dont plan on them getting fully open if they get 1 or 2 blacks open and good conditions I would jump on the opportunity.  I have been checking in on the snow report for a couple years and have squandered several opportunities to come here when part of the lower mountain was open.  Never have seen it 100%.  Decided to come here today due to Indy pass blackouts and crowds expected anywhere else

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Hope PA VAIL places take advantage of the snow making weather. A lot of times after getting to Presidents weekend VAIL places don't want to invest a lot more in snowmaking and would rather coast through the rest of the VAIL skison as crowds start to dwindle at VAIL

Word on the street is Stowe is done making snow for the year. 

Accept the fact that Knob is rarely 100% unless its a big snow year for them.  They dont care if you go or not.

Ski where conditions are best, which may mean opening up the drawstrings on your purse, and skiing outside your pass.   

• Like 5

Lift went on wind hold again at 3:30 so we dipped

All these ski bros complaining about I70 ski traffic.  Well I am here to inform you that I just went through an I70 tunnel on the busiest ski weekend of the year with neither epic nor ikonic traffic jams...🤔

20220219_183137.thumb.jpg.817fc4333cc5d1d93cea40a8008c7b4f.jpg

Edited by abe
  • Haha 4

55 minutes ago, abe said:

Lift went on wind hold again at 3:30 so we dipped

All these ski bros complaining about I70 ski traffic.  Well I am here to inform you that I just went through an I70 tunnel on the busiest ski weekend of the year with neither epic nor ikonic traffic jams...🤔

20220219_183137.thumb.jpg.817fc4333cc5d1d93cea40a8008c7b4f.jpg

That doesn’t look like the Eisenhower tunnel 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Word on the street is Stowe is done making snow for the year. 

Accept the fact that Knob is rarely 100% unless its a big snow year for them.  They dont care if you go or not.

Ski where conditions are best, which may mean opening up the drawstrings on your purse, and skiing outside your pass.   

I have IndyPass as well as Epic. Between them they cover at least 30 places I could make a weekend driving trip to, so there is very little reason for me to ski off pass. 

Blue Knob is further from me than places I still have pass days to use at that I like skiing including Hunter, Whitetail, Montage, Jack Frost, Roundtop, about the same distance as Catamount, and not much closer than Magic, Snow, Okemo, Sunnapee, Berkshire East or West. Given that, barring them getting a big snow fall there that the others don't get, I'm not making the drive to Blue Knob unless they at least have the whole vertical and some blacks open. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I have IndyPass as well as Epic. Between them they cover at least 30 places I could make a weekend driving trip to, so there is very little reason for me to ski off pass. 

Blue Knob is further from me than places I still have pass days to use at that I like skiing including Hunter, Whitetail, Montage, Jack Frost, Roundtop, about the same distance as Catamount, and not much closer than Magic, Snow, Okemo, Sunnapee, Berkshire East or West. Given that, barring them getting a big snow fall there that the others don't get, I'm not making the drive to Blue Knob unless they at least have the whole vertical and some blacks open. 

TLDR. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stembogan and high hopes (and route 66?) allegedly open today with 3 lifts.

Would have been a good day but I could only go yesterday.  Now is the time to go before the rain shuts the place down again next week!  Pretty thin base on most trails.  Maybe they will be able to recover for March

Edited by abe
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1