2/21/21...Sausage Sunday..crowded..sunny

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Took an early run down Coming Soon to find the bumps had firmed up, so decided to look elsewhere until the sun got on them.

Found a few out of the way places that still had some good snow and provided some amusement.

Crowds were horrendous today, so never made it back to Coming Soon.

Chatted in the lot and sampled some of @enjoralas's always delicious meat. 

Except for the crowds, it still was a grate day!

• Like 3

Crowds were a disaster. Overflow lot filled. Great snow, though. Couldn’t stand the lines so I went for a run from the lot towards Palmerton and snapped a good picture of the gas line from a distance. Found some other areas down the ridge that could be fun. I guess I only have 48 hours or so to figure it out before it gets warm and snow gets crusty. 

2AF37A26-9F06-4A32-A694-94AA00A40F7C.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice conditions today....But this had to have been the busiest day of the year...Rode the Main st. chair a few times but then made the mistake of going back to the sixer..Went back to the Main st. chair and the line was just past the ski patrol building....Parking lot delivered as always though...Little chilly but the sun felt good...and again a big thanks to @enjoralas for the great meats...

Been really slackin on my pic/vids...only one today

Top of Raceway

20210221_082730.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

He apologized and I said well pull up your mask which he did..was a silent lift ride..chute had newly seeded bumps...so at the top as we were about to unload he said,”if you want I can send you my info” and I said Huh what are you talking about.  He said for contact tracing.  I was more confused and stunned to even respond...another fucking Eaf who thinks every chair should be filled like it’s 2019...even in past times typically somebody would say are you a single or do you mind if I ride up with you...

Relaaaax, he was obviously more aware than you're, and it was a mistake, and he probably suffered way more in the end.

Worst crowds ever today, everybody just gone mad. Kudos to Blue for having all lifts operational, but I don't see things getting any better during the upcoming week knowing how they like keeping Burma and Vista lifts down and how rain's coming the week after. I'll reroute to Belleayre next Wed. Gotta make that ORDA card pay for itself, LOL.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, eaf said:

Relaaaax, he was obviously more aware than you're, and it was a mistake, and he probably suffered way more in the end.

Worst crowds ever today, everybody just gone mad. Kudos to Blue for having all lifts operational, but I don't see things getting any better during the upcoming week knowing how they like keeping Burma and Vista lifts down and how rain's coming the week after. I'll reroute to Belleayre next Wed. Gotta make that ORDA card pay for itself, LOL.

How did he suffer??  Because he didn’t get to have a six minute conversation with the second or third coolest person at Blue?

The burma lift wasn’t running until like 9:30? Were we at different blue mountains? I still don’t understand how after how many weeks of stupid lines, it takes them til 9:30 or 10 to get all the lifts open and attendants organizing the lines. The chaotic shit show at the 6 by 8:30 every day is getting really old. Get someone out there to organize that shit. Also had some idiot dick noser insisted on wedging his way onto the quad with us. Like, even under normal circumstances it’s polite to at least ask if you can ride with a group if you’re solo.

Re: overflow lot, sold out tickets, crowds, etc... how is it that they’ve been sold out every weekend, but crowds were noticeably worse this weekend?

All that aside, snow was still awesome and there were still fresh turns to be had in woods if you did some hunting. A rock somewhere between lazy and sidewinder didn’t like my line choice too much and decided to take a bite of my base, but nothing too tragic. Hope this storm pans out for another week of good snow at blue and pisses rain in philly so people give up on ski season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

The burma lift wasn’t running until like 9:30? Were we at different blue mountains?

@enjoralas got into it with a lift attendant about that yesterday. Long-ish lines and both chairs spinning, but they only loaded 1 chairlift at a time despite 3 workers sitting around in the shack doing nothing. If they were needed to keep the seats warm in the shack, couldn't they get Barb Green out or at least someone from the hot dog stand? Maybe the guy driving the payloader? Some people paid $109 for a lift ticket!

I didn't really care since I've had my fill of skiing recently, and the entertainment from Enjoralas was worth it.

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1

The burma lift wasn’t running until like 9:30? Were we at different blue mountains? I still don’t understand how after how many weeks of stupid lines, it takes them til 9:30 or 10 to get all the lifts open and attendants organizing the lines. The chaotic shit show at the 6 by 8:30 every day is getting really old. Get someone out there to organize that shit. Also had some idiot dick noser insisted on wedging his way onto the quad with us. Like, even under normal circumstances it’s polite to at least ask if you can ride with a group if you’re solo.

Re: overflow lot, sold out tickets, crowds, etc... how is it that they’ve been sold out every weekend, but crowds were noticeably worse this weekend?

All that aside, snow was still awesome and there were still fresh turns to be had in woods if you did some hunting. A rock somewhere between lazy and sidewinder didn’t like my line choice too much and decided to take a bite of my base, but nothing too tragic. Hope this storm pans out for another week of good snow at blue and pisses rain in philly so people give up on ski season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feels like Blue’s given up on season pass holders and including them in daily ticket numbers. They already have their money so they might as well sell as many daily tickets and hope for a rental and lesson out of them.

Also noticed they don’t have one negative comment on their Facebook posts from this weekend or last 5 posts. I haven’t seen them delete comments but it’s hard to believe not one person complained about lines or mask wearing.
  • Like 3

I did three runs today and bailed (Challenge and 2x Main St).  After a full day at Montage yesterday my legs were tired and did not feel like dealing with the crowds riding solo today...  Still good to get out, thought the snow was good for what i rode.

From what I saw/heard this appeared to be the busiest weekend of the year fro pretty much every local resort...  

• Like 2

It is annoying that they don't have both doubles loading from the start. Not having staffing isn't an acceptable excuse. Tickets are sold out, so the demand is obviously going to be there, and the revenue already in. Pay the staff, load the lifts.

It seemed like they got both doubles spinning today well ahead of the time they did yesterday. And for as bad as the lines looked going past the patrol shack at the double, when we quit at 10:40ish it was still less than 10 minutes in line.

Screenshot_20210221-232939_Ski Tracks.jpg

46 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

It is annoying that they don't have both doubles loading from the start. Not having staffing isn't an acceptable excuse. Tickets are sold out, so the demand is obviously going to be there, and the revenue already in. Pay the staff, load the lifts.

It seemed like they got both doubles spinning today well ahead of the time they did yesterday. And for as bad as the lines looked going past the patrol shack at the double, when we quit at 10:40ish it was still less than 10 minutes in line.

Screenshot_20210221-232939_Ski Tracks.jpg

Cool profiles shows exactly how long you waited in line.  Looks like y’all hungout a little at the top before the last two runs to soak in the high mountain air. 

8 hours ago, mute1080 said:

Feels like Blue’s given up on season pass holders and including them in daily ticket numbers. They already have their money so they might as well sell as many daily tickets and hope for a rental and lesson out of them.

They most likely didn't include all the racers in their numbers either...

At one point in the morning over on the quad, a BMR coach was doing the gating.
Wanna take a guess at which groups got preferential treatment?  However, there was a race to be run.