2/21/21...Sausage Sunday..crowded..sunny

GrilledSteezeSandwich

9 hours ago, enjoralas said:

It is annoying that they don't have both doubles loading from the start. Not having staffing isn't an acceptable excuse. Tickets are sold out, so the demand is obviously going to be there, and the revenue already in. Pay the staff, load the lifts.

It seemed like they got both doubles spinning today well ahead of the time they did yesterday. And for as bad as the lines looked going past the patrol shack at the double, when we quit at 10:40ish it was still less than 10 minutes in line.

Screenshot_20210221-232939_Ski Tracks.jpg

43.82 mph! Nice!

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Cool profiles shows exactly how long you waited in line.  Looks like y’all hungout a little at the top before the last two runs to soak in the high mountain air. 

Yeah, it looks like the far right one was the run we did the Main St glade, you can see the pause where Pops and I talked about what line he wanted and I recorded him. The other with the jerky pauses up high, not real sure what those were.

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Cool profiles shows exactly how long you waited in line.  Looks like y’all hungout a little at the top before the last two runs to soak in the high mountain air. 

I also like to look at the actual tracks sometime. This was last Sunday when NaCl and I did some woods tromping.

827807839_Screenshot_20210222-094601_SkiTracks.jpg

• Like 3
  • Boner City 1

2 hours ago, enjoralas said:

I enjoy looking at the speed numbers, but I only trust them as a comparison against other numbers I got from the same device. 

This is so true... I switched over from using my phone to either my Suunto or Garmin Fenix watch.. 

For me, the watches are so much more consistent(and slower) as I've heard the phones don't handle decent very well.  I've compared with friends and their speeds were 15 mph faster than me, but I was always passing them throughout the day.

22 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

This is so true... I switched over from using my phone to either my Suunto or Garmin Fenix watch.. 

For me, the watches are so much more consistent(and slower) as I've heard the phones don't handle decent very well.  I've compared with friends and their speeds were 15 mph faster than me, but I was always passing them throughout the day.

My GoPro captures speed data via its GPS as well. Someday I’ll compare a couple runs on it and the ski tracks data from the same run, see what it looks like. I also don’t expect that one to be true to life accurate either. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

My GoPro captures speed data via its GPS as well. Someday I’ll compare a couple runs on it and the ski tracks data from the same run, see what it looks like. I also don’t expect that one to be true to life accurate either. 

True.. I don't know which is accurate.. mainly looking at precision.  I remember some devices having drastically different starting or stopping elevation number while riding the same lift all day... Those were the ones I didn't trust.

In the end, like you said, just something to compare against yourself.

2 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Can also add fun widgets to the video with it:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How did he suffer??  Because he didn’t get to have a six minute conversation with the second or third coolest person at Blue?

A confidential informant dropped this photographic evidence of a disgruntled Grilled Steeze Sandwhich on the Main Street chair on my inbox:

88392AEC-2561-46B6-9A04-30CD1CC1CD7F.png

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

A confidential informant dropped this photographic evidence of a disgruntled Grilled Steeze Sandwhich on the Main Street chair on my inbox:

lmao nice

im wondering who it was since i think dan and i were only two or three chairs behind?

Edited by Benm

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Haha we are both sitting as far away from each other as possible 

It turns out that’s a guy I work with. I think it’s his brother on the chair behind him, who he was supposed to be with, but he messed up and went out early because they were talking and when the Burma chair whipped by he pushed out and couldn’t get back. Said his mask had just fallen down and you sounded so mad he didn’t say anything else except to offer his contact info since you were so upset. 

The pic is a screengrab I took from a short video his bro made making fun of him for loading wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

It turns out that’s a guy I work with. I think it’s his brother on the chair behind him, who he was supposed to be with, but he messed up and went out early because they were talking and when the Burma chair whipped by he pushed out and couldn’t get back. Said his mask had just fallen down and you sounded so mad he didn’t say anything else except to offer his contact info since you were so upset. 

The pic is a screengrab I took from a short video his bro made making fun of him for loading wrong.

If only he saw me the night before at the bar.  And he’s a fucking ding dong. I should have told him to suck a tow truck drivers Richard 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Benm said:

wow this is too great

post the vid

Nah, I’d have to upload it somewhere to post it, don’t want to do that since it’s not mine. It’s just a dude saying “that’s Mike, he’s supposed to be here.(turns camera to empty seat next to him) but apparently it’s his first time loading a lift. (Turns camera at self (masked 😂) Genius.” It’s like 10 seconds long.

1 minute ago, enjoralas said:

Nah, I’d have to upload it somewhere to post it, don’t want to do that since it’s not mine. It’s just a dude saying “that’s Mike, he’s supposed to be here.(turns camera to empty seat next to him) but apparently it’s his first time loading a lift. (Turns camera at self (masked 😂) Genius.” It’s like 10 seconds long.

ok screencap will suffice. i just can't believe we know who the mystery rider was, this is amazing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, enjoralas said:

Well the guy who rode the lift with me is a retard.  I shouldn’t have been so nice. 

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If only he saw me the night before at the bar.  And he’s a fucking ding dong. I should have told him to suck a tow truck drivers Richard 

Eh, he made an honest mistake. He’s a good dude. He thought you were really worried he might have given you the Rona

• Like 2