TR 2/21/2021 - Full Fat Conditions

guitar73

Got a late start today, rolled up the hill just after 9 and the line of cars stretched from the main gate down to the pavilion lot. I was shocked to say the least. Apparently sun shine and recent snow fall get ppl out to the mtns. I had a feeling this wasn’t gonna be the last line I would be in today. Fortunately they had 4 ppl ckg temps to keep the cars moving.

Parked and got booted up and made my way over to the iron horse lift for a warmup lap. Mtn has great coverage and the trees are fully loaded with the goods. Did a TTB tree run following the trees along upper fast track, then ducking into the trees btwn lower fast track and lower run away. The cold temps have maintained the snow very nicely.

Once at the bottom I decided to check out WL trees. Wow, just wow. I thought I was in VT for a hot minute, lol. Def hit that area up a couple of times.

66ba092132be59771ffd0f571f776675.jpg

610f397864a363c5f2100524444a8cd7.jpg

57e0e53a7aa925f60464617c69f8cc7f.jpg

c011db76dd831cbfa9aa1d3f9845bf00.jpg

c2ab55cfe64ca8c8c679291c71121c1d.jpg

Line at Phoebe lift. Lines were getting long from both sides. Before the side at the bottom of boomer and WL were shorter, but I think them grooming both trails flat allowed more ppl down those trails. SMH. Oh, also Long Haul lift broke down again today, so that contributed to this line.

16a94d404ecb4ee2ceb9a4b9087d3ed9.jpg

All in all another A+ day. Loved the sun, could have done without the crowds, but I get that’s good for the mtn to make money. Conditions should be excellent again next weekend with the forecasted storms coming this week.

3933aa28884ee0a8291d9305c04f1b93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, guitar73 said:

Got a late start today, rolled up the hill just after 9 and the line of cars stretched from the main gate down to the pavilion lot. I was shocked to say the Fortunately they had 4 ppl ckg temps to keep the cars moving.

Great pics and looks like a fun time. Longest line I've ever seen at Phoebe (though I'm used to less than 10 ppl in line as I ski there at night almost exclusively)

Can you elaborate on temperature checks? Is this when you drive in? I've never heard of this at a ski resort

• Like 1

Let's be honest. How can it possibly be an A+ day with lines that long? Did you come there to ski or enjoy company of this mask-less boarder? Do you own Montage shares? Come on! Lines at Blue were less than this.

Edited by eaf
  • Confused 1

Can you elaborate on temperature checks? Is this when you drive in? I've never heard of this at a ski resort

They have ppl with infrared thermometers that they use to scan all visitors as the enter the resort. It’s part of their COVID-19 safety plan.

• Thanks 2

Let's be honest. How can it possibly be an A+ day with lines that long? Did you come there to ski or enjoy company of this mask-less boarder? Do you own Montage shares? Come on! Lines at Blue were less than this.

Yes, it can depending on your point of view. Also, I was more than 6 ft away from that dude, I had my mask on, and oh yeah we were outside on a sunny day. So no, that maskless boarder didn’t ruin my day. I choose not to live in fear.

• Like 1

I was there today too, very impressed with the coverage off trail.  Best I’ve ever experienced it there.  Lines were long but never waited more than 15 minutes.  The temperature checks kind of seemed like “hygiene theater”, as the person took all four of our temperatures in record time and never got within a foot of my son’s skin, but I will say that Montage has the best COVID situation going on that I’ve seen so far with a lot of outside eating and solid mask patrol in lift lines.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, eaf said:

I worked my 12th straight day today, so any of you who got out on snow today had an A+ day in my book 

• Like 2

I was up there on Saturday and was blown away by the line to get tickets down at the lodge.  The line was almost wrapped the whole way around rental building.   Lift lines were similar to your picture at the Phoebe.   It was pretty dangerous for your first run coming around the last turn to the lift and not knowing the line was halfway up the slope.  We were at least lucky the the Long Haul was running, but I've never seen lines like were waiting for Long Haul.

I will say that that I thought the slopes stayed pretty empty all day long, so I did not mind the 10-15 minutes wait too much.  Now, on Saturday the lines on the Boomer/WL side of Phoebe were much short so that was your best way for more laps.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

WL trees look perfectly spaced out.

they are a bit tighter along the main trail but they do open up deeper into the woods. unfortunately the snow guns don't reach that far in so the area that i photo'd is only accessible in a good snow year.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Looks like the weather got them. Closed for the season

Screenshot_20210325-223252.thumb.png.b1e5416848c353fb4ec502253eb5f333.png

Very unfortunate. 

I will say that Montage really killed it in the photography department this year. Whoever is out there playing with cameras and/or drones has really knocked it out of the park and made the place look amazing. 

• Like 2