2/22/21...not that busy...snowing

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning at Blue mountain. I arrived at the lower lot around 820am and it was in the upper 20s and cloudy with a strong south wind.  In the house were Johnny Law, Drew, C1er and Bethlehem ford guy.  

I easily made first civilian 6-pack and began on challenge which was super nice smooth cord, sidewinder similar and switchback was my favorite today, mainly because all but my last run on it was empty.  Razors had some cookie chop but at least the Root rollers are smoothed out and midway and lazy were both good as well. 

I skied until 1040am then had a slow drive back to the A..a few stuck cars and many crawling with their four way flashers on.  It snowed about the last hour I was there and now a solid 2”+ in south Whitehall and looks like we could score 4”+ based on the radar.  Also was able to postpone my appointment this afternoon at work which I’m happy about and my car is ready.  JADIP. 

881D72C5-7D27-44F6-9E5B-05AD0DCD71D4.jpeg

44F58ABC-7CB1-4FA6-ABFB-3DDFADD1B688.jpeg

09E2E1D3-DC09-4591-A553-A8279859B868.jpeg

938DB1D3-12A0-45F1-AFD1-DF39F8680B42.jpeg

86746A0F-9628-4C02-895E-D47332A94EFA.jpeg

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

This site is literally the only place not blaming Biden for gas prices lol

Gas prices are rising because demand is rising.  Early in the pandemic it fell because demand was so low.  On the plus side with the cost of a barrel of crude oil now $60+ US production of oil is now in demand so fracking will pick up in North Dakota and that’s fracking awesome because there are a lot of really good jobs up there that were lost last year.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Gas prices are rising because demand is rising.  Early in the pandemic it fell because demand was so low.  

Stop it slime.  They rise cause of Biden’s continued attacks on the fuel industry...shutting down the pipeline, going after fracking, and fear of green new deal bullshit.  All those things indirectly affected the prices which in turn caused them to rise.  There is no more traffic on the roads now then 2 months ago, and PASRs all know this

Edited by theprogram4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Stop it slime.  They rise cause of Biden’s continued attacks on the fuel industry...shutting down the pipeline, going after fracking, and fear of green new deal bullshit.  All those things indirectly affected the prices which in turn caused them to rise.  There is no more traffic on the roads now then 2 months ago, and PASRs all know this

The ones who are out and about have found every way possible to wreck their cars though I can tell you that. 

• Boner City 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

We, meaning the US don't set crude oil prices and WTI is actually generally a little lower than Brent. Right now their is a 3 to 4 dollar spike because everything crude comes through Texas and all their issues have pinched supply. Just FYI any pipeline would be 5 to 10 years away and oil sands is some of the most expensive worst quality oil. We don't generally buy it as our refineries are old, along with sour crude from South America. 

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The ones who are out and about have found every way possible to wreck their cars though I can tell you that. 

Stuck on 476 for the last hour,  I never understand how apparently so many people go out with no idea that it's going to snow. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

there are still the same amount of cars on the road, but somehow fuel rises 50 cents per gallon immediately after Biden takes office (before Texas BTW).  Sounds legit...

I do agree traders see Biden as being less pro oil than Trump and have factored that into pricing. I'm saying that is one of a number of reasons. The TX interruptions, the lack of investment in drilling over the last decade, most of the major players 2 weeks ago announced that they belive they have hit peak oil.  ANWR, pipelines etc do not impact supply now and now events are what create steep price fluctuations. Additionally when the price is rising lots of players will hold off on moving it off the boat as everyday you wait you've now made more money.  Oil outside of maybe orange juice futures is maybe the most complicated market on earth, sometimes it moves on nothing but emotion.

All of this assumes the lowest possible gas price is a good thing which I would argue is not the case. 

• Like 1

Widowmaker had untracked powder until I left around 11, a lot of fun. Good to talk to you guys. My eyesight isn’t the best, and I’ve always had problems recognizing faces, so I’m not ignoring you. Especially if you switch skis. Just hit me over the head with your ski pole to get my attention.

On another subject, looks like bridge tolls are coming on 80.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Stuck on 476 for the last hour,  I never understand how apparently so many people go out with no idea that it's going to snow. 

Because people are too comfortable in their cars now. AWD, Lane keep assist, blind spot alert, reverse sensors, etc etc etc has literally made people stupid behind the wheel. I’ve seen way too many claims where people back into someone else and go “well I’m not at fault, I didn’t see them in my rear view camera, they hit me!” 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Because people are too comfortable in their cars now. AWD, Lane keep assist, blind spot alert, reverse sensors, etc etc etc has literally made people stupid behind the wheel. I’ve seen way too many claims where people back into someone else and go “well I’m not at fault, I didn’t see them in my rear view camera, they hit me!” 

I'm not a big fan of most of the driving assist features in cars.....but people have been stupid behind the wheel long before those features...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

I'm not a big fan of most of the driving assist features in cars.....but people have been stupid behind the wheel long before those features...

Oh I know, but the technology has definitely given people more of a false sense of security. 

20 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

sometimes it moves on nothing but emotion

You just described traffic on the schuylkill at any time between 5am and 11pm

17 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

Likewise. New car is automatic trans, but no driving assist stuff other than blind spot alerts and backup camera parking notification stuff. I was hoping I could hold out with my manual impreza until cars were at the point where fully self-driving was available outside of a premium, but alas, time and mileage was starting to catch up and I didn't want to push it farther with a kid in the car.