2/23/2021 Flurries and packed powder.

C1erArt

Nice day today, although it crowded up fast. Quad was closed right at opening, although fortunately it opened up soon after. Hard not to have 3 people on the 6er when it gets crowded. All slopes were in good shape. Left when the Main Street chair started getting backed up just before 11. Warmer today and not as windy.

• Like 6

I had work stuff and couldn't be up for opening and am going to attempt a night session. Hopefully it's not insanely crowded, good to hear they got the quad running. 
Even with all the lift issues this year it's not as bad as previous seasons. 

Same, trying for a night sess with the fam.
  • Like 3

Skied 6-730 with ~40° and snow was decent. We’re working on turns with the 4 year old so we lapped Burma(the “playground” aka Yeti Park is a fan favorite) and finished with Lazy. Added two new trails to list with bottom part of Windowmaker and Lower Sidewinder so we should be on Challenge in no time.

Booting up we heard a car accident right at the entrance/exit to lower lot. Falco and Charles had a better look then my view but it didn’t look good. A Blue Subaru was leaving and it looks like a car came from the last row on the right and sideswiped him. He didn’t look happy. Looked like it took a while to figure out because he was just leaving as we got back to the car.

Lines weren’t terrible but longer then they had to be. No one sorting the quad and 6, and only had the Main Street side running at the doubles. MS lift is definitely the most technical to get on at Blue, at least with a little one. The detachable’s feel like cake compared to that lift.

Caught [mention]Johnny Law [/mention]on his way out to get after when we were walking to the car. Hopefully he had an empty finish and good laps.

Marty was also there, can’t forget him.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Tonight was super good !!!! I do still wish they were open to 10 but it cleared out by 8 and no more lift lines.  They did stop running the quad around 730 which is a bitch ass move that made the sixer line stupid long but the dirty double had no line. 

Snow was perfect soft unevenness, fast but little airs all over the place and junk snow skiing. I haven't skied many nights and forgot how fun it is when the snow is good bad. 

It was warm and I was super thirsty leaving so super shout out to the beer fairy who l left a most delicious beer for me ! Cough mute cough lol

• Like 5
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 1

Nice report. I hope your little one didn’t accidentally get on of the lift with anybody. As for car accident people drive like ding dongs. I only put 300 miles on my loaner car in a week and was extra cautious and still a couple of close calls.  I think since the start of the pandemic people have been driving even more Aggro. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I was keeping an eye out for you tonight, I haven't seen you all season some how. 

You haven’t been up weekend mornings as much and PARidge is up like one weekend morning every other week.  I’ve seen both of you an ok amount and always a pleasure!!

30 minutes ago, Schif said:

Not sure where else to post this but here it is. I was looking for tickets for @skiincy and took a peek at the calendar. Looks like they've sold tickets for every day in March so far. You can't load an April Calendar though

image.thumb.png.11bdb5ca9eea4edd70ea4a235f456ec9.png

This happened last week when I was looking for tomorrow, it said 20 available for Thursday am, checked back two days later and there were 498 available. Might be a glitch in their system or something. I can’t imagine close to 500 per calendar day are buying tickets that far in advance. 

7 minutes ago, Benm said:

their ticket system has nothing loaded in for april. i thought it might, since there is still 'availability' for past days even tho they're hidden from the calender.

ruh roh.

I dont think lack of April tickets would signify a March closing date. If there's still snow they should stay open in April. Maybe they just didnt bother making April tickets available yet since they have plenty of time.

I wonder if they will still be making a shit ton of money once the warm weather stays, or if most people will venture off to their springtime activities once they're able to go outside again and do other things??

Edited by saltyant

Just now, saltyant said:

I dont think lack of April tickets would signify a March closing date. If there's still snow they should stay open in April. Maybe they just didnt bother making April tickets available yet since they have plenty of time.

i was just curious to see if anything was there. i agree they prob just aren't dealing with it yet.

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I wonder if they will still be making a shit ton of money once the warm weather stays, or if most people will venture off to their springtime activities once they're able to go outside again and do other things??

After this weekend attendance will drop off but I still think it will remain strong through March.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1