2/24/21...first day of spring.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 720am and it was 34 degrees under partly sunny sky’s. In the house were BenM, ZZSlope, Bethlehem Ford Guy and a lot of boomers. Second civilian 6 pack..I let the weirdo with the full face silver helmet get first one as his gate opened earlier. 

Challenge was nice for first run, smooth and fast. Sidewinder not quite as good. Switchback was nice with a few undulations to keep you on your toes. Paradise was nice and fast.  Midway and lower Main Street had mini cookies.  Razors was pretty beat up on the upper part better lower down and Razorback still had fresh cord at 1015. Highlight of the day was cutting in front of like 50 people in the six pack line. Crowds were moderate and there were about 200 unsold morning tickets vs about 350 on Monday.  More day ticket buyers than Season passholders which kept the VIP line short.  

Thw temperature rose into the low 40s and I was sweating like I popped a Molly, ate spicy food, sat in a sauna or went through a field sobriety checkpoint....woooo. Managed 8 runs in 77 minutes.  Coming soon is still open. Today might be the last day for that.  JADIP

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eaf said:

It is a beautiful 55F sunny day. Also first day of biking. Also not the first day of spring, but definitely the beginning of a season change. I wonder if it will feel weird skiing tomorrow.

Didn’t feel weird skiing today..although the realization is setting in that we are transitioning from mid season to late season. 

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

Spring has definitely sprung and I'm not hating it. It's a beautiful day out here. Conditions are great. The only thing I'm hating right now are the lift lines

Don't worry. I hear, next year they'll be non-existent.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, antman12 said:

The VIP line closest to homestretch has been empty and brings you right to the front of the fence. Not more than 5 mins so far. 

Lmao. And literally next run down it was out of the coral. Oh well, got 8 runs in with sub 5 minute lift lines. No complaints, a fantastic late afternoon riding the mashed potatoes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

You’re gonna have to elaborate on this, I am quite intrigued 

Alas I don't have many details to give but some kid named Mike who I saw last night too had a big ass bag from McDonald's. He was chowing down on a McChicken and handing them out to his friends before loudly asking the sizeable line if anyone wanted a McChicken. A random all the way on the other side got the first one air mailed to him.  Then after a second of thought I realized I did want a McChicken  and he handed me one.  I asked his name and then agreed with his friend that Mike was a legend and then I got on the lift never to see him again enjoying a delicious chicken sandwich. 

Wherever you are Mike keep handing out McChickens ! You are a God damn American legend, a chicken sandwich Jesus !

• Like 4
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 4